Thread: passenger side NASCAR bars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm cutting them out because the Tech Inspector said to before I show up to the Oct. school. I thought that was weird since the GCR says X braced bars are legal? He told me to cut them out and install NASCAR bars on the drivers side. Didn't make sense to me when I looked around and saw atleast 8-10 cars in ITB running X bars? I'm new to this so I'm not sure? Here is what I have now:

Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

I'm cutting them out because the Tech Inspector said to before I show up to the Oct. school. I thought that was weird since the GCR says X braced bars are legal?[/b]
    First... from the marginal picture, it looks like your cage is pretty nicely done. I question the bends in the X's but that's neither here nor there.

Do as Dave suggests... but before you get to the track. Find the Cheif of Tech and contact them about this. Sounds to me like the TI you talked to might not have been up on the CURRENT rules or this may have been said before the X bar clarification came down.

Don't ruffel their feathers, but be very insistant because the inspector was wrong If they're bull headed about it, have them show you where it's illegal. Again, do this before you get to the track
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs