Several people sent me messages curious about the hub failure and offering their assistance sourcing a replacement part. This is yet another perfect example of how we’re a part of a racing community. I sincerely appreciate all of the help people have offered; it continues to amaze me how much support people provide even when they don’t know another person very well. Instead of continuing the discussion in the other thread, I thought I’d post a new one.

In Sunday’s qualifying race, I had a wheel snap off causing me to lose control of the car and end up in a tire wall. When I first felt the back end come lose and heard an extremely loud “BOOM!”, I thought that I had made contact with another car. But how? I just checked my rear view and didn’t see anyone even close? Vaughn’s video captures it all in his rear view. When playing it in slow motion with the aid of the pause button, I was pretty amazed with how high the back end of my car got during the sequence of events.

Vaughn's Video of my incident

Here is a picture of how the rotor should look and the remains of the failed rotor.

On the Prelude, there is no separate hub. When I purchase the new rotors, I’ll be sure to get the best ones available.

Although there’s a fair amount of damage caused by the wheel snapping off, the car is actually in pretty good shape. I’m afraid to say just how minor it appears to be and what needs to be replace in order to get the car out on the track next as I might jinx myself. If that’s all that truly needs to be replace, the destroyed tire will be the worst of it. Thank you again for all the assistance that was offered!!