Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's in store for the rest of the season for ya?

I know Ray said he's done for the year and I also briefly thought "I should just take the rest of the season off", I also knew the withdrawals would hit us quickly. (My first day back to work was Tues. and I'm already assessing the damage today, well, o.k. last night.) Since the racing rehab center was full, I'm curious what's on everyones adjenda. Since I'm tapped out financially and need to decide what are the events I "can't miss", I figured this post will help a bunch of us. Besides, it's about who else goes to the events. Right now, NARRC runoffs is the only definate.

Glen fun one double?
    Summit Point Labor Day (typically one of my favorite events but wasn't on my schedule this year)
    ARRC

Ray "you owe me a bump draft at Atlanta" Blethen and why not Steven too? I can't wait to race with ya both again soon.

Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

NHIS 8/25-26

NARRC offs are out. Rather save money than to run for no reason. May show up if calling for Rain though.

Nasa nats

WGI Last chance

The ARRC of course.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Well...

The motor is toast, not sure why it overheated as it did, but both cars ran hot when drafting. I should have called it quits and pulled in after a few laps, but I just hoped it would make the distance as I was having way to much fun...

I am starting a new job in a couple weeks and can't afford to stay up till o-dark hours in the AM fixing the car. The is the BIG determining factor for me. IF I have the time to fix it then I might entertain a few different ideas.

1. We are deffinatly running the Last Chance Enduro at Watkins Glenn
    2. I would love to do the sprint race the next day, but that will depend on if my car is fixed or not.
    3. I would love to run the NARRC Runoffs if it is going to rain again... I love that track in the rain, but it will certainly depend on the entry fee.
    4. I would love to go to the ARRC... Stephen can't get out of work that late in the season (x-mas season in the Toy industry) so thier is a possibility to take our rig and share travel costs with someone, that is if stephen would be willing to let me use his truck.
    5. I will be at most the NER events with my dads new car (once it is done) and/or stewarding.

Next year I should have my feet wet at the new job and will be able to continue the 2nd full time job of maintaining an Audi, and I am hoping to go to a lot more races!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Doing the last two NHIS races and the NARRC Offs. I really, really want to go to the ARRC, but the credit card is looking really, really bad right now....So I'm up in the air for that......
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

not sure yet but i like the glen double, the narrc runoffs and the emra event at limerock. probably in the B car.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Since I started out in SCCA by joining New York Region, I guess you'll let me post here. We've got two more events at MO - Sept 8-9 and Oct 6-7. Finished the weekend by negotiating for a set of used Hankooks!
    Change my handle from 'ex-leprechaun' to 'glutton'!

Can't wait till next year!!!!!!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

The Fun One at Watkins Glen is one of the very best race weekends of the season - plus there is usually a test day Friday. That's a must do.

NARRC Offs.

(Finish ITA Fiero over winter)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Ben,
    I've been debating about the fun one weekend but it might mean sacrificing one of my other planned weekends. What do you like so much about this event compared to other WGI events? Are there typically larger fields?
    Dave Gran

Ben,
    I've been debating about the fun one weekend but it might mean sacrificing one of my other planned weekends. What do you like so much about this event compared to other WGI events? Are there typically larger fields?
    [/b]
    Two Hundred Plus cars, test Day friday, weather can add excitement Pig Roast( other main course available) Showers Cheaper entry than Limerock, smoother paving biGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG run off area for turn one. and a 40 Minute drive for us :026: TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Regarding the fun one, this year looks good for IT cars. ITB, and ITC are in group 2, while ITA and ITS and ITR are in Group 5. (Of 8 total). It is a BAD idea to go to the Glen if you are in the last group, as the WGI Nazis always seem to find a way to shorten your race.

Long Course Sat. Short on Sunday.

My current idea is:
    FunOne 9/15
    NARCC OFFs 9/28
    ARRCs 11/12

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

It is a BAD idea to go to the Glen if you are in the last group, as the WGI Nazis always seem to find a way to shorten your race.

Long Course Sat. Short on Sunday.

My current idea is:
    FunOne 9/15
    NARCC OFFs 9/28
    ARRCs 11/12
    [/b]
    region buys 1 hr of overtime $5,000. $2,500 for each additional 1/2 hr. T
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Aug 25-26 NHIS Race Against Luekemia

Sept 28-29 LRP NARRC offs

Oct 5-7 WGI Last Chance (Going to kick Joe's a$$ - still a little weirded out that his fast lap was only good enough for 4th in SM... :P )

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy!!!!!!!!

Hi I`m Scott driver 07 CRX ITA Yellow

Hey I`ve been out of it but I found out through RAYMON
    That you guys got 1 Lap Wendal off the track.
    Thank You.
    He has taken positions from me many times do to the V8
    When a car is Ideling Going Buhh Bup Buhh Bup thump da do bump. When its stock is a little weird.
    And chaching on fire every other race is not right.
    So
    I`ve lookede for the Threads on it
    I can`t find them Would you tell me were they are.
    Thanks Scott :026:
    <span style="font-family:Impact">Scott CRX NER ITA #0</span>

I`ve lookede for the Threads on it[/b]
    Scott, where ya been hidin&#39;, buddy? Come by and say "hello" some time...

Look for "The Holmes Incident" information here:
    http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...showtopic=11451

As for the rest of the year for me, the only confirmed is the ARRC. Matt&#39;s gotta build a new transaxle but he&#39;s busier &#39;n the proverbial one-armed paper-hanger. Might hit the Glen once this year, it would be good to have all the heavy-hitters agree on one of them so we can hoist a few on Saturday night together...I&#39;m at Nelson for the August NHIS event, but I may see you in September...depends on the attitude that week. - GA

Scott! When are you dragging the CRX out? You did way more track time in your old RX7. And how can you post on this thread and not let us know!?

My plans are NARRC -OFFS (as long it is less than $500 for a single race!!!) and EMRA LRP. However, I can&#39;t decide if I&#39;m doing the EMRA enduro or sprint race - both get pretty expensive. Gotsa to save $ for go-fast bits for the drifto-car.

Jake
    Jake Fisher : ITA MR2 #22 : www.racerjake.com

Oct 5-7 WGI Last Chance (Going to kick Joe&#39;s a$$ - still a little weirded out that his fast lap was only good enough for 4th in SM... :P )
    [/b]
    Believe me I wasn&#39;t to happy myself. I kept hearing from a certain person (Via cell phone) how much I suck. The biatch was just not makin the ponies. I think it may be time to actually get the car on the dyno for the first time ever. The scary part was I qual 2+ seconds over the 2nd place car and 3.5 sec faster than the next ITA car and won by 20.5 sec. It was the most boring race of my life.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

If I&#39;m going to the Glen, the double fun one seems to make sense. I do agree it would be nice to figure out when everyone will be going to which Glen event.

Gotsa to save $ for go-fast bits for the drifto-car. [/b]
    You&#39;re not sick of hanging out with teenagers yet? :P
    Dave Gran

It is my goal to get the Fun One added as a NARRC Double next year...start talking with people you know from Finger Lakes Region!!!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

The biatch was just not makin the ponies. I think it may be time to actually get the car on the dyno for the first time ever. [/b]

Dude, I think you need more than dyno time........You were being out pulled at the end of the straight at Mid O by a Saturn with a 5 year old engine!!!

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

"rest of the season"? My season is just starting.

I put a few toes into the ITA pond last year, but have not been able to make any events this year. I&#39;m signed up for the RAL at NHIS, as well as the enduro. Will hopefully sneak in another event or two as well.

I&#39;m looking forward to heading back out, seeing some old friends, and making some new.

- Will
    Will
    # 72 Miata ITA
    1.6 liters of furious power!