Thread: Sebring

I wanted to thank everyone at it.com thay has guided me thru the past few seasons getting my car right.

all of the hard work paid off this past weekend at sebring.

I won both of the ITC races .

A special thanks to Jeff and David at Atlantic autoworks,and Stu at BSI for all the advice and guidence.

Tim Martin
    ITC vw
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Congrats Tim, Great job!!
    Your car looked hooked up all weekend!!
    (Makes me want to call Dave, Jeff & Stu!)

Mike (ITB 22)

Call us!!!! 321-254-1344 Congrats again Tim!!!! Your victories made us feel really good too! (it's always nice to see a happy customer)
    Jeff Linfert
    Atlantic Auto Works
    We Install and Tune Megasquirt Systems
    #97 GTL Scirocco (for sale)
    ABA Corrado powered by MS3. 40+ MPG

Congrats! Your first victory has got to be the sweetest. Hopefully, I'll find out sooner than later.
    Tom Sprecher

Yes, great job. And nice lap times on Sunday.

I look forward to going head-to-head next time we meet up.

Bill McCoin
    ITC #6

Thanks Bill,

I don't think i would have had anything for earl or terry if they were there,everything just fell into place that weekend. Now i'm ready to see what i can do on the club course.

Good luck at sebring next weekend..wish i could be there but the wife just got my credit card bill in the mail for some things i bought for the car!!!!! NOT GOOD!!!

I'm trying to talk her into daytona,oct.sarrc at sebring,and the turky trot..since the turkey trot is on my birthday i will be at that for sure

see ya soon

Tim Martin #6 !!!
    itc vw
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Tim, what you did at Sebring was absolutely great! You'll never forget a weekend like that. It's been a while since my first one, but when you dominate like you did, the smile is the last thing to go. You were cool, calm and collected. I wanted to rattle your cage a bit, but that wasn't going to happen. I've got a list of excuses, I mean reasons, why I couldn't run with you any better than I did, but the fact is, I didn't. You had every base covered.

I learned one thing for sure, I will never race anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line between Memorial Day and the ARRC again. After three heart attacks, a cow's heart valve, and a pacemaker that doesn't want to keep up with me, I've just got to be more careful about that stuff. I wasn't feeling good on Thursday and haven't felt good since we got back.

I would like to know how much you paid that HP Spitfire to screw up a really good ITC race!

All seriousness aside, I'm looking forward to the next time we get to race together. My short time attached to your rear bumper was great fun!

Secret for racing and wives...hidden race accounts. Or, what I've done for a buddy before...launder the money. He ordered the part, etc. I paid for it, and he repaid me cash that his wife allowed him to have for lunch money or something. Worked real great until the big ticket items started coming in.

Again, congratulations...you deserve them.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Tim, :026:

You mean to tell me that all those years ago we were fighting it out, that you never won a race? We had a few side by side finishes I remember!

Well, congrats on your 1st win. That's the most expensive piece of wood you'll ever own. I know I stilll have every trophy I ever won...even back to the mid '80s and my autocrosss trophies.
    Don't say "what if" about any podium finish. The official results show where you finished, not who dropped out..etc.
    I beat Linda Pobst once (just once), and the results sheet didn't say anything about her being run off the road by a pack of ITB cars ....the sheet just said I won my class. I remember running down Fowler with 6 laps to go in an 1.5 hour ECR. I kept reeling him in, lap after lap, until I finally passed him for 2nd place on the back straight of the last lap. I was so proud of myself in impound.......until my Pop informed me that he had been running on 3 cylinders for the last 15 minutes of the race.......BUT......The results sheet said I finished 2nd.....period !

Congratulations on your wins ...you've worked long and hard to get them, and deserve many more!! My racing will be limited for the rest of this year, but I plan on visiting some events just to say hello for a few events. Tell your wife I said "Hi".

Congrats again,

Mark

Mark P. Larson
    Fast Family Racing
    #83 GP Nissan 210
    CFR #164010
    3X CFR ITC Regional Champ
    1995 SEDIV ECR Champ
    Go Big Or Go Home!

[font=Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman] Crongrats ! My wife and I work the grid at Sebring and Daytona, and My favorite peoples are the IT folks !
    My wife found my credit card statement recently, and found out how much this SCCA thing is costing, so I can relate!
    See ya on the Grid
    CM & Liz
    Gettin' old aint for wimps

Yes very first time Mark.I have finished 2nd to you many weekends.And yes we had a great time and plenty of great races...races that i will never forget.I was looking forward to seeing you and your dad again when i started racing again,your family always made me feel welcomed at the events i went to.

See ya soon

Tim
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

[font=Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman] Crongrats ! My wife and I work the grid at Sebring and Daytona, and My favorite peoples are the IT folks !
    My wife found my credit card statement recently, and found out how much this SCCA thing is costing, so I can relate!
    See ya on the Grid
    CM & Liz
    [/b]
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for all you guys(and gals) do to help.
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR