Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IT Fest Videos

You are soooo right. Watch my video on the start of the last race. Watch me out pull both Mosers on the straights..........then watch them blow past me like i'm standing still going into the corners!!!!! I wish I could have had an opportunity to watch them more. Incredible cars, incredible drivers!! Hats off!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bFqgj1M0U
    All the tires were doing it. I think it was the fresh paving.
    Yes, Chris Childs can pedal that Neon. Great job to the AMIT (American Made IT) Champ. (Chris, send me your mailing address to jlawton at ECHN.ORG) After watching him, I now think the Neon has great potential!!
    I'll try to get the video of Crazy Joe going off coming out of turn one and going for a ride in the grass, taking a huge jump over the access road while keeping his foot to the floor the whole time posted tonight.......
    [/b]
    Same here, Chris - just PM me here!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

If you guys think that I am going to let you pay me, you are crazier than Joe What I would propose is that we all help pay for a trophy for next years winner. Now if that means that I handle the $ and get it done then that is fine. I just wouldn't feel right taking the $. It was a pleasure racing with you guys this last weekend and that was enough reward for me. We may be able to start a cool tradition of passing a trophy on to the next years participants? Thoughts?
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

If you guys think that I am going to let you pay me, you are crazier than Joe What I would propose is that we all help pay for a trophy for next years winner. Now if that means that I handle the $ and get it done then that is fine. I just wouldn't feel right taking the $. It was a pleasure racing with you guys this last weekend and that was enough reward for me. We may be able to start a cool tradition of passing a trophy on to the next years participants? Thoughts?
    [/b]

It's not the money! It could be .25 cents!!! It's the pain of having to admit ya got beat!!!

when are you coming back to Lime Rock??

I like your new tag. That's funny. Both Greg and Joe were chirping about how they were the first non-CRX car to finish. Anybody have a CRX shell they're looking to get rid of??
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Speaking of trophies, what did the final ones look like? You know, for those of us who weren't lucky enough to get one.

I never even saw Brian's for finishing third in ITS.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

we see the same thing.
    [/b]
    The very first time I saw the video, I thought "He murdered him through the middle and out of that corner".

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I'll have to get around to posting a snap of my trophy... so, what's up with Group 2, no vids, was Group 1 the only one to have cameras???

I've got plenty of good stuff, just have to find time to edit it, hopefully get some highlights up tonight...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Here's a bit of a cross-post, but what the heck.

At false grid, I wasn't able to get the video system working and handed it off to my wife. She decided to tape a few short segments while watching from a few various spots around the track. What are the odds that she caught this one?

The Sat. race race was going great and I got into a nice rhythm. I built up a decent lead, but made a silly mistake while trying to find the limits through the chicane.

Ooops Video (pretty quick)

At this point I was pretty pissed and told myself that I was not going to lose this race because of that one mistake. After a couple of laps, the BMW lost the back end a bit and I was able to put some room between us. Phew!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I'll have to get around to posting a snap of my trophy... so, what's up with Group 2, no vids, was Group 1 the only one to have cameras???[/b]
    We should have some from Brian's Prelude but I haven't got my hands on the camera that holds both his and my in-car yet. His video from Sunday mornings race should be awesome.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I watched the ITA race from the mound at the keyhole, (after a car issue that took me out) and I was behind Joey for a bit around the backside of the track, and I have to say, those CRX are:

A: Agile
    B: Have HUGE cornering speed in the tighter corners
    C: Are driven well.

I could see his front wheels in the back section corners go through 30 degrees of correction...he's driving that car.

That said, its a very light car, so it SHOULD be all of the above.

It was VERY obvious that the car FLIES thu the keyhole. I'd love to see the data aq on the speeds and cornering Gs on that car in the keyhole vs other cars. When you can see it with your eyes, you know it's significant.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I'll have to get around to posting a snap of my trophy... so, what's up with Group 2, no vids, was Group 1 the only one to have cameras???[/b]
    I'll try to get some mid-pack ITS video up later this week.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

The Sat. race race was going great and I got into a nice rhythm. I built up a decent lead, but made a silly mistake while trying to find the limits through the chicane.

Ooops Video (pretty quick)
    [/b]
    Hey, there's my car!

...sitting by the port-a-potty at the turn station!

Nice video! I got to watch it first-hand up close... and of course was frustrated myself, thinking "if only I were still sitting on Dave's back bumper..."

Next time, buddy!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Videos uploading now, available soon at http://www.kakashiracing.com/reports/2007itfest.html

when are you coming back to Lime Rock??
    [/b]

Not sure, I might go to The Glen next month?
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

My ITB/Group 2 vids are coming online now, on my Youtube acct...
    http://youtube.com/user/924RACR
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Wow, I really had a bad start on Sunday! I've got the video up on Youtube finally...

Sunday Race - ITA #63 - Mis-Shift at Start

I HATE watching it, but thought maybe you guys would want to see it!

After I shook off the bad start, I had a good time running with everyone! What a great event! Now I'm really excited for the ARRC this year Also, I wanted to thank all the ITA guys for not destroying my car, everyone was incredibly heads-up!

--------------------------------------------------
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

^^^ That is the first time I have ever seen any of your in-car from Mid Ohio and I kind of want to vomit a little bit. You never have to wait for the car to do something, ever. Passing around the outside of the keyhole? Are you freaking kidding me? It kind of makes me want a CRX....but then I see how much you're sawing on the wheel every lap.

I also like how baller it makes Ian look. He never hit the brakes! Ever!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

all that sawing on the wheel must be from all the torque steer and the monster power they have!!

seriously, awesome drive. lee and i were watching from the end of the back straight and it was really fun to watch you coming back up through the field. and then running lock step with your dad for the checker.

we had no idea what happened on the start but there is plenty of video to see now.

you guys have those cars dialed in! you have some incredible cornering speeds. on saturday we watched at the carousel and were amazed at where you guys were able to get back on the thottle.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Dear SCCA:

Please add 300# to the #63 Honda CRX at Mid-O. All the ITA competitors would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I too am like Kevin a little bit ill. One word for the car and performance of the driver AWESOME!!
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Great drive Joe!
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Wow, I really had a bad start on Sunday! I've got the video up on Youtube finally...

Sunday Race - ITA #63 - Mis-Shift at Start

I HATE watching it, but thought maybe you guys would want to see it!

After I shook off the bad start, I had a good time running with everyone! What a great event! Now I'm really excited for the ARRC this year Also, I wanted to thank all the ITA guys for not destroying my car, everyone was incredibly heads-up!
    [/b]

Wow............wow............

I hate video like that of me from behind.........I realize how much I suck! Hope I wasn't too much of a PITA.

You had to have been bummin' to see all those cars streaming by you.........

As promised, here is Crazy Joe going wide out of 1. It's hard to see, but watch when he hits the access road. He gets all four in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kpDuYGXHOs

I know this is all new to most of you, but we see this from Joe every race!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place