Start of Sunday's ITA race:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeQvFKcDzk0&eurl=

How much horsepower does a Moser have?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-e_VFiwxQ
    More than a Marhefka:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZb9ql6lFrk
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Start of Sat's ITA race. Yes, it was not very good for me but it has a special appearance by Chris "fuel leak" Childs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwOkG-vVswQ

How crazy is Crazy Joe? and why do Nissan's have to sound like tractors?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJklBqRu3WQ
    (yes, he saved it)
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-e_VFiwxQ [/b]
    Flame me if I'm wrong, but that looks to me like exit speed, not HP. You matched him from T1 through the entry of the keyhole. It was at the entry of the turn that he pulled away, and he had a much higher exit speed than you. That speed differential was maintained through the entire back straight. Very clear illustration of the importance of corner exit speed. But, oh he is faaast.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

It's both HP & corner speed (see Marhefka video I just added for comparison).
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Awesome footage! Sorry about the Fuel
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Start of Sunday's ITA race:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeQvFKcDzk0&eurl=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-e_VFiwxQ
    More than a Marhefka:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZb9ql6lFrk
    [/b]
    It&#39;s nearly 100% cornering speed, I don&#39;t gain on you from T1 to Keyhole... It COULD be the 10+ MPH I have on you from start of Keyhole to the exit of Keyhole. I know it&#39;s always easiest to assume that the faster car has the most HP though, rather than setup and driving! <_<

I should have my video posted soon, including the wonderful mis-shift at the start of Sunday&#39;s race!

--------------------------------------------------
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

It&#39;s nearly 100% cornering speed, I don&#39;t gain on you from T1 to Keyhole... [/b]
    I don&#39;t doubt the cornering advantage of 400lbs less weight but I&#39;d be willing to bet your pretty close to the same engine output as me (without the weight). Care to post a dyno graph and put the speculation to rest?

Edit: Regardless you still drive very well. I&#39;m just jealous.
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Flame me if I&#39;m wrong, but that looks to me like exit speed, not HP.
    [/b]
    we see the same thing.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Jeremy - What tires were you on? Boy they were screaming an awful lot!
    Jeremy Billiel

I was enlightned this weekend. I saw the light!

The back straight @ Mid Ohio is loooong, and so exit of the key hole is paramount! I had the oppurtunity to dice with a few guys, I could keep ahead of them on most laps, sometimes they were right there, sometimes they got the drive. And Visa Versa when I was behind someone.

Then comes the larger than life heroes that we all want to be....

I thought for sure that they would blow by me on the straight, but no! Being lap traffic, and my race, all but decided, I decided to give them the turn.

No, I believe instead of trying the next go fast goody, I&#39;m going to rummage thru the closet and look for that big set of kahoonas I once had.
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what we're doing!

I don&#39;t doubt the cornering advantage of 400lbs less weight but I&#39;d be willing to bet your pretty close to the same engine output as me (without the weight). Care to post a dyno graph and put the speculation to rest?
    [/b]
    What speculation? YOUR speculation? Speculation of what? That we have similar HP/Weight? Shouldn&#39;t that be the case? The Integra is a GREAT handling car. I know, I raced an Integra for a full year, and it was possibly the smoothest, most stable FWD race car I&#39;ve ever driven. The CRX scares the $hit out of me every time I leave pit lane! It&#39;s my favorite car, and definitely rewards you if you care to let it hang out a bit, but it is by no means a HP car! (kind of funny actually to be called out on this, have you ever seen us at Atlanta?)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XoGGTZ-UoCk

Talk to Ruck, Muresan, Evan, Jan Rief, Serra... Integras are just as strong in handling as the CRX, depending on the course/turn. Its give and take, the CRX has ZERO advantage in high speed sweepers, but does wonderful in tight turns, entering straights. We set our cars up to be very loose in T1-type corners, which benefits in Keyhole and Carousel (it&#39;s a game of trade-offs and prep).

Anyways, not sure why I feel like I need to defend anything, I had an amazing weekend hanging with all you Northeast guys! AJ, damn, Saturday night was hilarious! Kevin, thank your dad for all the drinks (I think I know his strategy... AJ and I didn&#39;t look to good Sunday morning!!). Greg, round 2 at Atlanta will be a blast, hope you get the tranny back together and give me something to chase again at a track that suits your ride a little better!

I&#39;m starting to think that "Cat Killer" is going to give a good run at the ARRC this year, his car isn&#39;t too different from the Egg in power, and he is working hard at handling, could be fun (dark horse...cough, cough)

Kevin, get your car back together, welded up tight, and lets get that Great Lakes thing going at the ARRC again. Jan, that goes for you too, take Kevin&#39;s advice and stop breaking axles!

I&#39;ll post the videos soon (once I get this damn computer to work a little better)!

Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

Joe,
    I just reread the post, so it was a mis-shift that caused the slow train I was on at the start?!?

Not that it mattered much, but I wondered why this yellow rock was in the middle of the race track.
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what we're doing!

Joe,
    I just reread the post, so it was a mis-shift that caused the slow train I was on at the start?!?

Not that it mattered much, but I wondered why this yellow rock was in the middle of the race track.
    [/b]
    Yeah, I&#39;m really sorry if I messed up anybody in the start! I know I really screwed up my car and my dad&#39;s car (he got into me REALLY hard, there was no escaping it), and I clipped Marhefka&#39;s car after the hit. We&#39;re taking it to the frame puller this week...

Not sure if I&#39;m having brain-fades or issues with my synchro&#39;s, but that was the third mis-shift of the weekend!

I went to my my parents house for dinner and race video review tonight and found a plastic chair and a stock CRX gear box sitting in the garage with the instructions to complete 1000 two to three shifts before I enter the house! Damn it
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

Joe, not trying to call you out on anything. You have a very well prepped and well driven car. Like I said, I&#39;m just jealous; but now your really do have me curious on what the power output is... email or PM me if you don&#39;t want to post it (I&#39;ll keep it to myself).
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

I went to my my parents house for dinner and race video review tonight and found a plastic chair and a stock CRX gear box sitting in the garage with the instructions to complete 1000 two to three shifts before I enter the house! Damn it
    [/b]
    I could totally see Bob doing that.

Joe - congrats again to you and your Dad on last weekend. "The Iceman" just might be back with a vengence. You guys are always, 100% of the time awesome to race against and awesome to hang out with. Having probably more wheel to wheel laps with you guys than just about anyone else out there, I know your cars pretty well and you hit the nail on the head. You guys handle like nobody&#39;s business in that tight stuff. At Mid Ohio, being that the keyhole and carousel lead onto the longest straights, it just fits your cars so well and you two drive the piss out of it. I&#39;ve been trying for years to get anywhere close to you guys through those corners, but seem to be going backwards more than anything lately. Maybe one day. But come on dude, a 1:42.9? How the hell am I supposed to match that?! I haven&#39;t even run in the 1:44&#39;s yet this year! :P
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

[/b]
    Kooks. My first time on them, they do talk more than I&#39;m used to.

How long does it take to catch a Lame Duck Amy (no 3rd gear):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fASxnSnNnDo
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

I was enlightned this weekend. I saw the light!

The back straight @ Mid Ohio is loooong, and so exit of the key hole is paramount! I had the oppurtunity to dice with a few guys, I could keep ahead of them on most laps, sometimes they were right there, sometimes they got the drive. And Visa Versa when I was behind someone.

Then comes the larger than life heroes that we all want to be....

I thought for sure that they would blow by me on the straight, but no! Being lap traffic, and my race, all but decided, I decided to give them the turn.

No, I believe instead of trying the next go fast goody, I&#39;m going to rummage thru the closet and look for that big set of kahoonas I once had. [/b]
    Exactly. When Huffmaster lapped me in the keyhole, I hung on his bumper all the way to T7, then he was gone. He&#39;s 5 seconds faster than me. Told him the next morning that he had helped me find my big problem - "it&#39;s them pesky turns!".

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Sat PM - Getting Childs back, perhaps because he&#39;s now starving for fuel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d9k48FtA5M

Sun PM - Revenge of Childs. If only I had known it was the last lap and what&#39;s with the fuel again!! What you can&#39;t see is we&#39;ve been nose to tail for the last 15 minutes or so:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIWftOl3pWk

Anybody still not planning on doing this event next year?
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Yeah, I&#39;m really sorry if I messed up anybody in the start! [/b]
    No problem anytime. It was nice to see the FAST cars from up close on sundays start. My goal was to try and get a great start and lead the first lap. Came really close. 2nd by the end of the first lap. I then knew it was pointless to hold you guys up after that. That&#39;s why when you ,your dad, and AAJH wanted by I didn&#39;t even contest. I&#39;ll get some video up soon.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Flame me if I&#39;m wrong, but that looks to me like exit speed, not HP. You matched him from T1 through the entry of the keyhole. It was at the entry of the turn that he pulled away, and he had a much higher exit speed than you. That speed differential was maintained through the entire back straight. Very clear illustration of the importance of corner exit speed. But, oh he is faaast.
    [/b]
    You are soooo right. Watch my video on the start of the last race. Watch me out pull both Mosers on the straights..........then watch them blow past me like i&#39;m standing still going into the corners!!!!! I wish I could have had an opportunity to watch them more. Incredible cars, incredible drivers!! Hats off!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bFqgj1M0U

[/b]
    All the tires were doing it. I think it was the fresh paving.

Yes, Chris Childs can pedal that Neon. Great job to the AMIT (American Made IT) Champ. (Chris, send me your mailing address to jlawton at ECHN.ORG) After watching him, I now think the Neon has great potential!!

I&#39;ll try to get the video of Crazy Joe going off coming out of turn one and going for a ride in the grass, taking a huge jump over the access road while keeping his foot to the floor the whole time posted tonight.......
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place