Thread: Open Friday Session at Buttonwillow ??

If the car is ready I am thinking of doing an open Friday session at Buttonwillow. Are their alot of really high powered cars their, cause I have an ITB car and just wanted to know if I will be a snail going around the track, compared to the others.

Ususally there's a good mix of cars during a Friday test day. Usually it depends on what event will follow on the weekend, say before a VARA race there'll be lots of older ITB type cars out there along with a mix of production cars. I'd still call the track to make sure it's not going to be a motorcycle T&T day because the next event will be two wheeler's (Aug 11-13). You're best bet is to drive the line and be predictable, let the faster car make the move to get around you, and they will. This works for when I'm being passed by GT-1 cars and when I'm passing H-Production cars. If you feel like you're being crowded, take a detour throught the hot pits and let them by. You should get plenty of open track time. I'll be out there on the 31st.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Sounds good, Just wasn't sure if I would be the only slow one. I'm planning on the Aug 31st event. :026: