Thread: hello everyone!

i'm slowly building a car to scca its spec.

1991 240sx.

it's coming along fine, just need the window net brackets welded, fire system, and battery/alt switch installed and i should be ok.

i had a few questions to all you other 91-94 owners. what were you able to remove as far as weight goes, what was your competition weight, your own weight and did you end up having to add ballast?

Welcome! Look on SCCA.com for the rules. That will answer your questions better than anything else. Best to read the rules before starting, lot's cheaper too!

Where are you, there are lot's of us around who can help weld a bracket and such.

Mike

thanks for the reply! i've been reading the rules, and i guess if it's not in there, it can't be done. well, that saves me the hassle of lightening it more i suppose.

i'm located in south socal, in the city of irvine.

the most annoying part of it that arms can't be adjustable, just slotted and eccentric bushings. i suppose that's ok, it just makes adjustment more tedious.

oh, and i need to make a fuel sampling port. heh. forgot about that.

As for the fuel port, if you don't already have one installed by now... get in touch with Paul at http://www.fuelports.com
    He'll get you what you need for not much more that the parts alone would cost you (and he does all the soldering/brazing). Being that the cars don't already have a port on the fuel rail, mine is installed between the filter and the fuel rail
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what were doing!
    ITA 240SX #76