Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda MX-5 'MS-R' package banned from SSB for 07

Too funny. SM.com is (in)famous for its moving target of "fame" definition, and the "Bans" follow that ....

Of course, saying "check with anyone, except those I've banned" is tilting the sample a bit, but hey, it's your site, and it's your opinion that counts. At least on SM.com....
    [/b]
    actually it's not 'his' site anymore. it's saferacer's/charlie james'. it has been noticeably more reasonable since jim lost complete control of it. too bad he basically destroyed the integrity of the site beforehand.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Of course what is a bannable offense will migrate to and fro, that is the nature of moderhating. It will never be static, some flamers have shorter leashes then others... thats on EVERY board. I won't outright ban someone for a first offense but a time-out is always in the equation... as they act more like an assclown... the leash gets shorter. Behave like a sensible person and you don't get in trouble. You may want to avoid throwing rocks when your house here is glass.... should I post some of Weisberg's comments?

Yes JD lost the runoffs due to rough driving.... and it was a VERY questionable call. Watching the video I'd have a hard time faulting JD in that one, although the stewards didn't see that way. Hell even Creamer on TV noted just how early Ryan turned in and he would have never made the corner. So while the decision stands and it is on his record I don't think you can hold it against him. It certainly wasn't as bad as the T2 race a couple of years ago with a Caddy barrel rolled on purpose and a 2 lap pissing match between 2 drivers leading to incredible light penalties.

you can go get all the little minions you want to vouch for you or say whatever they like about me[/b]
    I don't see anyone here saying anything about you personally nor will I. Nor are peeps JD's "little minions." Yes I am friends with JD but if I thought he was wrong I'd be the first person to tell him. If he drop kicks someone in my corner in a race... I'll call/write it in as such.

PS - A flame like the one that started this crap wouldn't stand on SM.com.... I'd delete the post as soon as I was notified.

Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

RIP Dimebag- August 20, 1966 to December 8th, 2004.

Anyone have a good recipe for Sea Bass?
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

I don't see anyone here saying anything about you personally nor will I. Nor are peeps JD's "little minions." Yes I am friends with JD but if I thought he was wrong I'd be the first person to tell him. If he drop kicks someone in my corner in a race... I'll call/write it in as such.

PS - A flame like the one that started this crap wouldn't stand on SM.com.... I'd delete the post as soon as I was notified.
    [/b]
    really? no personal remarks from daniels? i won't say i didn't open the door for them since i started this, but don't pretend that they aren't there.

Weasels:

Never met a person but chooses to flame anyway.
    Or
    Back marker who just does not get it.
    [/b]
    You are a joke
    [/b]
    U are a joke friend
    [/b]
    Are you that much of a coward or actually a pawn for the banned?
    [/b]

you're right, my original post would not have lasted on SM.com at all, as jim never really tolerated anything that might tarnish his image, or challenged his ultimate supremacy, which is the gist of why he banned me in the first place. but he doesn't have control over here, so for now, it stands.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Your crew told you 4 years ago.... If you only knew my girth.... U are a joke friend! Anyone one who knows me, less those I banned from my site for flaming members, will differ.

Besides my grammar (I write fast when the subject is meaningless) what else do you have or did your crew from four years ago say?

As I recall, in all your posts here you have never mentioned this before much less contacted me to find out if what your crew said was true. Are you that much of a coward or actually a pawn for the banned?
    Continue though, this is fun!
    [/b]
    Actually, I have much more to say, but choose not to. I told you what was done, what was said, and how I felt about it. I let it go as actions from someone who simply didn't matter. I have, however, never forgotten those events. Suffice it to say that you don't need to look into the stands for me to be cheering your efforts on track. If, per chance, we should end up being in the same race group somewhere, I will make certain that the stewards are aware of your comments on this site made to me and to watch you for any untoward actions throughout the event.

I'm done with you, for now. There's no sense in me continuing further in a battle of facts when you've obviously come unprepared and unarmed. Save yourself for beating the crap out of me in front of your wife and son...they'll be so proud.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

somebody got the key so we can lock this?
    Spec RX7 #11
    Scottsdale AZ

You have more people here with "moderhater" powers than you know. Difference is, we don't shut people down just for opinions we don't like.

K

You have more people here with "moderhater" powers than you know. Difference is, we don't shut people down just for opinions we don't like.

K
    [/b]

One of the reasons why I appreciate this site is topics don't seem to get as out of control as I've seen on the other forums. Yeah, a little pissin' here and there.....But this is the worst that I can remember.......

Makes me also appreciate IT even more!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Here here, Jeff. I considered running SM a few times, (Less garage dicking around), but after reading the BS on SM.com, and dealing with guys like JD, I decided the garage ulcers would be replaced with some other kind of ulcer!

I do give JD credit for being rather generous with information, but often it seems to suit him to release it.

JD has his opinions, and thats fine, and yes, he can be a pompous ass, and even that is ok, but his temper and dictatorship style tactics are famous, and he's banned people from that site that were respectful, but had opposing opinions and logic that he plain old didn't like.

Censorship sucks.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

everyone should understand that a good chunk of actual SM drivers are not happy at all with the way the site was run under daniels' reign, and that running in that class is an overall great experience. sure, jim has exerted great effort in ruining it, but the SMAC (which Andy is on) has done a good job in the reversal of that trend since last year.

the site is also on the upward swing. Charlie James (who is one of the Saferacer owners) races in MiDiv with me and is a stand-up guy. A significant portion of the censorship has been removed (see the whole string of pro-motor threads as evidence), but some still remains. Even though i think it's now officially owned by the Saferacer business, the site has actually become LESS of thinly veiled advertisement for site sponsors, and more content focused.

Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Hey, guys, this *is* getting a bit out of hand. I detect that everyone's said their piece, and the original topic has basically devolved into personal fisticuffs. I'm going to close the topic (but not delete it or any posts), simply because it's not serving any purpose other than personal bashing.

If you disagree and want to re-open the topic so you can beat up on each other publicly, feel free to PM me or any other moderhater about it. In the meantime, let's settle back to our corners and consider the near-infinity of Internet posts... - Greg Amy