Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda MX-5 'MS-R' package banned from SSB for 07

I just had some interesting information forwarded to me the other day stating that the 2007 Mazda MX-5 with the MS-R package has been deemed ineligible for SSB competition in '07. I guess we can quit joking about this being the MCCA (Mazda Car Club of America).

This really sucks for the few that have built the cars (I saw Daniels' car at MAM last weekend...easily a $30k+ build), but I can't really disagree with the court of appeals as John Q. Public can't wander into a dealership and buy one. Apparently, you have to call Mazda Comp. and they "hook you up" (ala Neon ACR back in '94).
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

if daniels wasn't such an ass, and didn't migrate around, using everyone he comes in contact with for all their worth, for nothing but his own self promotion, i might feel bad for the guy. but he is. so i don't.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

if daniels wasn't such an ass, and didn't migrate around, using everyone he comes in contact with for all their worth, for nothing but his own self promotion, i might feel bad for the guy. but he is. so i don't.
    [/b]
    So, you guys are good friends then?

I've never met him, but a-hole or not... it sucks to be in his shoes.

What seems interesting to me about this whole thing is that the Court of Appeals excluded the car. I'm not sure if that is normal or not (I'm just a dumb rookie), but I figured it would have been more of a CRB or BoD decision.
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

SS and Touring are run by the mfgs. right now, GM has the club in their pocket (or should i say the club is in GM's pocket?) and the Solstice is getting the right allowances. iirc, the solstice is allowed basically the same stuff that was just disallowed for the MX-5, and i don't think you can get it from the dealer either.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

The solstice zok package is supposed to be a dealer available package, where the ms-r is only available to mazda motorsports members. But, the last "special" miata was the club sport in 2003 which was a limited run of 50 (25 with no soft top for road racing) which was also available only to motorsports members and was accepted for ssb.
    Spec RX7 #11
    Scottsdale AZ

The solstice zok package is supposed to be a dealer available package, where the ms-r is only available to mazda motorsports members. But, the last "special" miata was the club sport in 2003 which was a limited run of 50 (25 with no soft top for road racing) which was also available only to motorsports members and was accepted for ssb.
    [/b]
    i'm pretty sure you're right in that you can now get that zok package from the dealer.

i remember when all this came up the first time, i think when the allowance was first made for the solstice i don't think you could get the zok from the dealer, but at some point later in time you could, leaving the door open for all sorts of speculation.

my memory of this whole mess could be completely failing me, as i don't pay THAT much attention so SS stuff. so if someone thinks i'm a complete moron, please call me out.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I believe the zok was always available, it was the top that was and still is the special item that you have to call GM and must be a SSCA member to get one. The top you cannot get from the dealer.

[/b]

Weasels:

Never met a person but chooses to flame anyway.

Or

Back marker who just does not get it.

Since you have let everyone know I’m an asshole, go ahead and give specifics!!
    I’m sure, like me, they want to know??

I'd stay tuned for a bit gang, see you at the Runoffs in both classes.

(while thinking about all this, look up the difference between a model and option and ask which has to be available to the public and what the CRB power is....)

http://autos.aol.com/options_trimselected?...7CUSB70MAC201A0

Yo, James, what's the package give you and why is it so desirable (and expensive)?

Just curious.

Greg

Weasels:

Or

[/b]
    neither statement really accurate, but whatever.

[/b]
    you've been told multiple times by multiple people.

Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

neither statement really accurate, but whatever.
    you've been told multiple times by multiple people.
    [/b]
    Amen! I've met the man on and off the track. On the track, during a practice day, he tried twice to run me off the course as I couldn't get out of his way fast enough for him. Later, he came by and talked to my crew in a threatening manner. (I was talking to a steward about his actions).

Pompous, arrogant ass is terms I've heard used for him by more than one person. But he is fast...I guess he feels he deserves adoration.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

MS-R Package:

"The package adds a limited-slip differential, front shock-tower brace, underbody chassis bracing, 17-inch alloy wheels, Koni shock absorbers, racing-specific front and rear sway bars, higher-rate springs to provide a lower ride height and a rear lip spoiler."
    --------------------------------------------------
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

Weasels:

Or

I'd stay tuned for a bit gang, see you at the Runoffs in both classes.

(while thinking about all this, look up the difference between a model and option and ask which has to be available to the public and what the CRB power is....)

http://autos.aol.com/options_trimselected?...7CUSB70MAC201A0
    [/b]
    Greg, are you one of the “many” people hehehe.
    I have 3000 site members and can count the many on one hand. I help folks everyday and for years, I cannot be all to everyone. Specifics too hard I guess.....
    MS-R = shocks, springs, bars and the strut brace from the touring model. Springs suck but lower the car a bit which helped. Shocks and rear bar made it turn and able to race. Springs did give it some camber (lower) but are too weak, like 20% stiffer which is what I could "find" anyway.
    Cross is like 51% and the ABS is STILL an issue (hate it, very hard to brake).
    If nothing else, this ordeal will help the club and members better understand models and options when this is all done. Like me or not, no one should be allowed to build a car, win a division and then have it taken away. Especially when all this happened less any knowledge by those that wfo built or are building cars including Mazda.
    Hope you are doing well GA!

Amen! I've met the man on and off the track. On the track, during a practice day, he tried twice to run me off the course as I couldn't get out of his way fast enough for him. Later, he came by and talked to my crew in a threatening manner. (I was talking to a steward about his actions).

Pompous, arrogant ass is terms I've heard used for him by more than one person. But he is fast...I guess he feels he deserves adoration.
    [/b]
    Easy to tell lies on the net, Travis is a friend or yours I assume?

I never go talk to anyone but Stewarts (other than in Pro and I do not recall you being there) and the last protest I filed was in '99.

What race was that?

My crew is my wife, 5' 100 pound lady and my son 12 years old, which came up to you?

You are a joke..... this is funny……..

For fun maybe I should ask our site members to come tell stories on you two……..
    Torsion and the other parts mentioned above.
    Cost like 2k, not sure why the site has it so high.

[/b]
    nope. often disagree with him actually.

[/b]
    be my guest.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

(From JD76)

I never go talk to anyone but Stewarts (other than in Pro and I do not recall you being there) and the last protest I filed was in '99.

What race was that?

My crew is my wife, 5' 100 pound lady and my son 12 years old, which came up to you?

You are a joke..... this is funny……..

Torsion and the other parts mentioned above.
    Cost like 2k, not sure why the site has it so high.
    [/b]
    Never met Travis in my life. Your hostile reaction is an indication of your volitile temperment. My remark was that "I" was talking to the stewards. The word it "steward" not "stewarts"...steward is a title, stewart is a name. The race was at Memphis about 3 or 4 years ago during the Friday practice, which is why the "stewards" could do nothing except watch you the next day, but I was told you were arleady being watched by them for rough driving. Your crew may be your 100# wife and your son, but my crew told me that you appeared at my paddock with a couple of guys similar to your own girth.

This is also the same year you were stripped of your win at the Runoffs for rough driving in SSC. Some things in life are just so bizarre that I tend to remember them for a long time.

If you had paid attention, you would have also noted that I paid you a compliment in saying that you were a very fast driver. If you feel that it's necessary to have your site members tell stories on Travis or I, then have at it. I'm sure that your fragile ego will feel vindicated, and you will have to buy an even larger helmet.

If you want to call me a liar, it's your priviledge. My life won't be ruined. I've been through worse and lived to tell about it than your pompous attitude could ever begin to dish out. Perhaps the next time we're at the same track together, you can bring over your wife and son and demonstrate how you can beat a mudhole into my face like I was told you said you would last time. I'm certain they will be most impressed!

***Edited by jake Gulick for syntax & code)
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Never met Travis in my life. Your hostile reaction is an indication of your volitile temperment. My remark was that "I" was talking to the stewards. The word it "steward" not "stewarts"...steward is a title, stewart is a name. The race was at Memphis about 3 or 4 years ago during the Friday practice, which is why the "stewards" could do nothing except watch you the next day, but I was told you were arleady being watched by them for rough driving. Your crew may be your 100# wife and your son, but my crew told me that you appeared at my paddock with a couple of guys similar to your own girth.

This is also the same year you were stripped of your win at the Runoffs for rough driving in SSC. Some things in life are just so bizarre that I tend to remember them for a long time.

If you had paid attention, you would have also noted that I paid you a compliment in saying that you were a very fast driver. If you feel that it's necessary to have your site members tell stories on Travis or I, then have at it. I'm sure that your fragile ego will feel vindicated, and you will have to buy an even larger helmet.

If you want to call me a liar, it's your priviledge. My life won't be ruined. I've been through worse and lived to tell about it than your pompous attitude could ever begin to dish out. Perhaps the next time we're at the same track together, you can bring over your wife and son and demonstrate how you can beat a mudhole into my face like I was told you said you would last time. I'm certain they will be most impressed!
    ***Edited by jake Gulick for syntax & code)
    [/b]
    Your crew told you 4 years ago.... If you only knew my girth.... U are a joke friend! Anyone one who knows me, less those I banned from my site for flaming members, will differ.

Besides my grammar (I write fast when the subject is meaningless) what else do you have or did your crew from four years ago say?

As I recall, in all your posts here you have never mentioned this before much less contacted me to find out if what your crew said was true. Are you that much of a coward or actually a pawn for the banned?

Continue though, this is fun!

Jeesh, not only are our cars getting to be more like Prod cars, but so is our forum!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Jeesh, not only are our cars getting to be more like Prod cars, but so is our forum!!!
    [/b]

You are very right!

I'm sorry to the other members of this site for even answrering. Anyone who thinks I wronged them, recently or years ago, contact me and we can discuss.

Thanks!

Anyone one who knows me, less those I banned from my site for flaming members, will differ.
    [/b]
    are you sure about that?

you can go get all the little minions you want to vouch for you or say whatever they like about me, i'm fine with it. my ego isn't that fragile.

As I recall, in all your posts here you have never mentioned this before much less contacted me to find out if what your crew said was true. Are you that much of a coward or actually a pawn for the banned?
    Continue though, this is fun!
    [/b]
    how can chris be a pawn if i've never talked to the guy?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Anyone one who knows me, less those I banned from my site for flaming members, will differ.

[/b]
    Too funny. SM.com is (in)famous for its moving target of "fame" definition, and the "Bans" follow that ....

Of course, saying "check with anyone, except those I've banned" is tilting the sample a bit, but hey, it's your site, and it's your opinion that counts. At least on SM.com....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com