At say CMP, I am shifting at around 5500, with an RPM drop back to about 3800 or so. I can vary that more with tire size than anything else.

But that is beside my point I guess. ANY mid range torque gain is a good thing, obviously. The question is one of degrees. It seemed there was a concern that sequential injection was going to result in serious gains across the RPM band and at leas the literature I read suggests that with stock injectors, there is not a lot of advantage to it except at idle and for emissions.
I do understand you would prefer that ECUs go back to stock - and that is a valid position to take. Would that include a flash of the existing ECU code? Is it free code you are concerned about, or just the functionality of Motec/Megasquirt et. al.
[/b]
Jeff, The fact that the hardware is not in most ECU's to perform most of the stuff we are talking about I am al for open code on factory boards. From here I am done, I am not interested in covering ground that has been covered way too many times here. At this point should this rule pass I will be following the new rules and collecting money for following those rules.