Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Opinions on Shocks?

Please don't anyone get their undies all bunched up cause you'll choke Herman. I appreciate everything all volenteers do for the SCCA. I attempted to get involved via an open rules meeting untill someone LONG established suggested that being that I was a new comer to "THE" SCCA I might serve better to stand back & learn. I been around race cars most my life & I don't need to stand back to people who are missing solid points.

***what does ty have to do with production class tech shed stuff?***

Ty posted a pretty open ended message.

***you should be talking to jeremy about that, not ty.***

Did you miss this previous point included below. Mr. T would be Jeremy....... I ain't saying Jeremy is bad, but he don't have a grip on everything. Both cars mentioned below were illegal per the written rule so how the smell is one legal & the other illegal.

>>>What happened that two same model cars were in the tech shed one had an illegal suspension comonent that was deemed legal & the other car with an adjustment to the same suspension component had paper written by none other than Mr. T.<<<

Now, back to shocks. Mac, if you google QA1 you will find all the info you&#39;ll need.

Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Please don&#39;t anyone get their undies all bunched up cause you&#39;ll choke Herman. I appreciate everything all volenteers do for the SCCA. I attempted to get involved via an open rules meeting untill someone LONG established suggested that being that I was a new comer to "THE" SCCA I might serve better to stand back & learn. I been around race cars most my life & I don&#39;t need to stand back to people who are missing solid points.

***what does ty have to do with production class tech shed stuff?***

Ty posted a pretty open ended message.

***you should be talking to jeremy about that, not ty.***

Did you miss this previous point included below. Mr. T would be Jeremy....... I ain&#39;t saying Jeremy is bad, but he don&#39;t have a grip on everything. Both cars mentioned below were illegal per the written rule so how the smell is one legal & the other illegal.

>>>What happened that two same model cars were in the tech shed one had an illegal suspension comonent that was deemed legal & the other car with an adjustment to the same suspension component had paper written by none other than Mr. T.<<<

Now, back to shocks. Mac, if you google QA1 you will find all the info you&#39;ll need.

I did and as soon as I go circle track those shock people will be my first call.

This is the last time I start a shock thread... it is way too easy for it to get in to bad ju ju situation with that type of topic. :P From now on I am asking nothing but non controversial questions!
    [/b]
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Did you miss this previous point included below. Mr. T would be Jeremy....... I ain&#39;t saying Jeremy is bad, but he don&#39;t have a grip on everything.
    [/b]
    you&#39;re right, Jeremy *doesn&#39;t* have a grip on everything for every class. there&#39;s no way he could, he&#39;s one man doing the job of about 30.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

***From now on I am asking nothing but non controversial questions! ***

Ok
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Thanks for the replies. I actually know about the generic material on the web about QA1s...in fact, i own a pair on the car i am building. Problem is, i have not actually driven them, let alone raced them, and was considering them for my ITB car.

Was wondering if anyone had specific knowledge of how well they work for SCCA/IT road racing, whether the huge amount of adjustabilty (576 independent adjustment pts) is useful, and whether the price is good (~$500/pair for the DA&#39;s).
    Scot Mac - Mac Motorsports
    88 ITB Fiero #41, SFR, NWR, ICSCC

Oh, and here is some of the generic material on the QA1&#39;s:

Website QA1

And here is the dyno chart (2nd page of pdf) QA1 Dyno
    Scot Mac - Mac Motorsports
    88 ITB Fiero #41, SFR, NWR, ICSCC