Just a note this is a proposed rule change:

The ITAC debated and made a recommendation to the CRB, who in turn debated it and has passed it along to the BoD for their approval. They meet in August to go over all the proposed changes, and vote on them.

IF the BoD decides that the ECu rule change is a good one for IT, they will approve it..... if not, it will be turned down, and the rule will remain as is.

Now, I do know there is some support on the BoD for the change, but i do not know if it is more than 1 person, or all of them or any thing in between.

So, if you like the proposed rule, by all means seek out your BoD person and let them know. If you do not, do the same. This is NOT a no brainer, and there is some squaking about what idiots the ITAC and CRB are for even thinking of this. There has been considerable support as well. I can see the BoD reacting in either direction, but if they have real input, and well reasoned input, (if you're going to make sweeping generalizations, providing actual facts to back them up is always important) they will have a much better "feel" for the situation, and will be better informed.

It's your club, exercise your voice.