Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regional/IT Tour at Gateway

Hey everybody, the Gateway Regional/National/IT Tour is less than two weeks away on August 11 and 12. Registration can be done at www.dlbracing.com Permanent number deadline is this Wednesday August 1. Make sure you sign up for the DASH. It is a Australian Pursuit style race for SM/IT on Saturday afternoon with CASH prizes for various accomplishments. The race is free to enter with your entry in the Saturday MID-AM regional race. The details can be found in the supps or you can post questions here. I can't promise anything about the weather but we will have a good time none the less.
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

after topeka and MAM, my wallet really doesn't want me to go (in fact, it ran away from me never to be found while at MAM).....but the MiDiv pts standings and the current entry list tell me i should.

....i would say i'm something less than 50/50 for this one.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

You can't back down now "Tnord". You need to be there to calm down "Sidewalk" Johnson before the SM race. That sawed off so & so may explode if he has trouble that weekend. Might as well pick up some MidAm points while doing your "psycho therapy" on him.
    Maybe you need to do like me...... Lets see I just bought a new house (need to sell my old one) riding lawn mower, new refrig, need new furniture for house, daughter getting married in two weeks, (makes me miss "The Festival" & or St. Louis,) but to hell with it, as soon as Labor Day weekend is over I am going "racin"! Oh the part you need to copy is me in a ski mask holding up liquor stores every night to pay for all this stuff!!!!

Mac
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

The RX7 is still down and out for a while, so no Sat/DASH race for me, but I'll be out there Sunday in a begged & borrowed ITA Neon!
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Thought you were going to be a builder, not a racer/builder!!! Change of heart or you won the power ball????

The RX7 is still down and out for a while, so no Sat/DASH race for me, but I'll be out there Sunday in a begged & borrowed ITA Neon!
    [/b]

i just went through and added up pts for how i think the rest of the season will play out....

i can still win even if i don't go, so i'm pretty dang sure i'm sitting on the sidelines for this one.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

No powerball needed, he just had a timely b-day! Besides what do you get a guy that has all the cool tools he has. :P And he only gets the car assuming that I dont trash it.

Thought you were going to be a builder, not a racer/builder!!! Change of heart or you won the power ball????

QUOTE(Speed Raycer @ Jul 31 2007, 09:54 AM)

Steve
    #53 ITA Neon ACR
    Plan "B" Racing
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Springs

What? The "Fast Ole Fart From Ft. Worth" isn't coming to STL? Who am I gonna pick on?
    1992 Mazda Miata #83 ITA/SM
    Eating Red Meat isn't bad for you...eating green, fuzzy meat is bad for you!

SEELIG Ed, you gotta beat SEELIG!

put that monster motor of yours to use on that oval!
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I know...and I plan to. I usually can't stay in sight of the Fast Ole Fart....I'll catch him some day. Looks like you have your car running well too! Congrats!

Ed,
    Travis needs to go to St. Louis so you and Jeff will have somebody to do battle with. He doesn't want Jeff to get too far ahead. I would be there for sure if not for a little thing I have to stay in town for..... my #2 daughters wedding! She messed us both up with the date, as she has been known to crew for me and also handles the beer drinking! She and her knew husband will be in the BVI and I will be on the southside of Cowtown with my ski mask working over the liquor stores trying to pay for weddings and racing!
    You need to meet Travis and me at Hastings next month. It is a DBL Reg so we get lots of track time. I am hoping "Renny Bobby" Tucker will have his "new" tubbed SM ready by then. He tells the best Arkansas stories that keep us busting a gut laughing.
    Don't get too fast at Gateway cause I don't want you making me look bad in October. (I can do it on my own without help!)
    Come on Tnord, sell something, use some imagination, charge Sidewalk for being his spotter, St. Louis needs ya. You need STL too cause if you don't go practice and get real fast I might get close to you in October.

Mac

Mac Spikes

I'll check out Hastings. Also looking at a double in Nashville....I need points somewhere you guys aren't running! Maybe if I unplug one of your plug wires, I might have a chance against you two.

By the way...I can see you didn't teach the "Elopement Drills" well enough!....you should have just left a ladder under the window! :P

sorry mac,

it's a no-go for me. i've already blown half my budget for august and it's only the 2nd. i'll likely show up for testing in STL before the bonus race to make sure i'm on my game for the big showdown....IF i win at MAM and Hastings.

Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I had planned on going, but Im broke

Anyone else think that a reverse grid start is a bad idea?
    I can just imagine the field about nine wide going into T1.
    scary.

I had planned on going, but Im broke

Anyone else think that a reverse grid start is a bad idea?
    I can just imagine the field about nine wide going into T1.
    scary.
    [/b]

it without a doubt can create some really bad situations. how about theoretically having 20+ cars going around the banking at exactly the same time with the faster guys in the back trying to find a way by?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

In the DASH the cars will start from pit lane and be released in timed intervals based on there fast lap from the race on Saturday. The fast cars will then slowly make there way through the field. In theory all the cars will finish at the same time (we are betting this won't happen). As long as nobody gets to silly coming out of pit lane this race should be safer than a real race because the cars will probably never be in one large pack going into turn one.
    Bryon Prokopf
    T&S, F&C

That sounds like 20 wide at the finish line. Where do they go from there? Into T1 or around the oval?

In the DASH the cars will start from pit lane and be released in timed intervals based on there fast lap from the race on Saturday. The fast cars will then slowly make there way through the field. In theory all the cars will finish at the same time (we are betting this won't happen). As long as nobody gets to silly coming out of pit lane this race should be safer than a real race because the cars will probably never be in one large pack going into turn one.
    [/b]
    ok then, that sounds safe to me after all.
    I was imagining a normal running start, and then about three cars making it through turn one untotaled.

You guys need to uphold the honor of IT racers in the DASH. Drago (SM) is still not able to sit down after he got his butt burned in the same type event in Memphis. It was so bad I think he had to have pigskin grafted on his prodigious posterior!!!
    Mac Spikes

That sounds like 20 wide at the finish line. Where do they go from there? Into T1 or around the oval?
    [/b]
    Hypothetically, yes this will happen and then since the race is over they can whichever way they want safely. I am thinking there is going to be about 5 cars that have a realistic chance of winning heading into the last lap.

Also, this race is cool for those who usually are only able to run 17 or 18 laps because ITE's lap them 2 or 3 times. This race gives everybody a much better chance at finishing all 20 laps.
    Bryon Prokopf
    T&S, F&C