Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedsource Sway Bar

Hey, I have to ask since my car was setup about six years ago. You say that you are running 550 # springs in front and 330 in the rear? Mine is only 375 in front and 275 rear.

Right now I'm running single-adjustable Konis, but I'm thinking of switching to the Advanced Design shocks pretty soon. Should I order new springs as well?

Right now I'm running a bigger ST bar up front, and I'm assuming that's where some of the extra spring is coming from. Is it better to run those heavier springs and less bar? (I have no rear bar.)

Any input from anyone is appreciated!
    -----------
    '89 RX-7 ITS

Might want to look again. Find where it says you can go through the bodywork to mount it. Cool setup best left to production.
    [/b]
    1. Any anti-roll bar(s), traction bar(s), panhard rod or watts linkage may be added or substituted, provided its/their installation serves no other purpose. The mounts for these devices may be welded or bolted to the structure of the vehicle. No suspension control mount or component shall be located in the trunk or driver/passenger compartment unless installed by the manufacturer as original equipment. Traction bars used to control axle rotation shall be one piece solid bar or tube. Heim rod ends may be fitted.

To quote Geo, "If it says you can, then you bloody well can!"

And in the text above, I see no limitations other than the stipulation "serves no other purpose". And as has been stated before, once the allowance to add or substitute has been given, you are then only limited by additional language in the rule.

"Any" - means there is no limitation except:
    "serves no other purpose",
    "no...located in trunk or d/p compartment unless installed by OEM"

Not that I intend to, since I have no issues with my current setup. But as Bill and Jeff pointed out, I believe it's entirely within the rules to do so.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

ISC sells an 1 1/4" hollow front bar. Speedway sells a 1" solid and the larger hollow bars. My brother in law picked up suspension from a guy that was going to build an EP car. He got a 1"solid bar with the shocks and control arms. It looks like the solid runs 30-60lbs less than a .095 Hollow bar, pending bar and arm lengths. Should we buy a 1 1/4" inch bar or use the 1" and compensate with spring rate? Opinions? Anyone running the 1" solid Speedway bar? This is for a second gen RX7