Thread: Authentic E-Z Up 10 x 10 commercial grade canopies $187.76

If you are tired of the piece-o-crap $100 Wal Mart or your local sporting good store canopies that last two weekends, get a real E-Z Up.

Sams Club has them now, $187.76. I just bought two and they are very heavy duty, 10x better than the cheap ones.

It's sold exclusively at Sams Club as the "Embassy II" model. I have discovered it is the same as the new "Encore II" model, just boxed under a different model name.

E-Z up lists this model at $329, on sale right now for $299 on their site. Get at Sams Club $187.86. You will not be disappointed with quality, I've already set mine up, very impressed.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate....216&prDeTab=2#A

http://www.ezupdirect.com/ezup-insta...rs/encore2.php
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Are they 3X as good as the 10x10 EZ ups at Dick's Sporting Goods? I just bought another one Friday, for $60 (they are on sale, got it for my folks), but they seem to last a long time with care. I can easily get two years from a $60 one, and more actually since I'm well over that now. Granted I take care of it and WD40 it from time to time on the legs etc. and try not to run over it with the truck (which the last one took reasonably well) but they seem okay.

That one seems the same as the good Dick's unit, but I'm not sure.

R

I have not seen the one from Dicks, I imagine it is this one you are referring to on sale.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/...earchId=2279639

I have had two canopies made by Quik Shade which go for $129, on sale $99. One made it 2 days before a leg buckled in light wind and it was trash as it wouldn't go back together. The other one has made it a couple weekends but also has a leg starting to buckle, top tearing, etc. A buddy has the Wal Mart ones and they make it a season before getting recycled.

The top on the Sams E-Z Up is like thick canvas vs. a light windbreaker type nylon, legs are thicker material and bigger, top is attached to frame (no having to drape the top over the frame each time). The top and frame weigh 57lbs (and part of the frame is aluminum), might give you an idea of the quality. I know that's much heavier than other canopies.

It's Sams Club, don't like it or it falls apart, take it back! They are good on returns.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

57lbs!!!!!! That is no joke!! Certainly stronger construction, but the one I got for my folks is much lighter and easier for them to get to the beach. I am sure the 57lb ones lasts longer.

I've had good luck with the cheapies but there is one thing I never do, erect it full height. I always put it up half height and it is much sturdier. Might be why I've had good luck with them. At full height they get sort of flimsy.

R

I like the ones on ebay. The appear to be similar quality to the Sam's Club one (59lbs vs 57lbs, ebay vs sam), and they have sides and windows!! ;-) Tho they stick you for the shipping, even so they are a good deal. The 10x10 goes for about $50, and they charge $65 for shipping.

Here is one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:MEWN:IT&ih=002
    Scot Mac - Mac Motorsports
    88 ITB Fiero #41, SFR, NWR, ICSCC

That is not an E-Z up brand canopy. Think of it this way, a drill from Harbor Freight or a Milwaukee/Dewalt/Makita?
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Here's the one I use: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4664265

While it certainly isn't up to EZ-Up quality, here's a story about how strong it is. I (used) to have a big 20x10 canopy that you put together at the track. It weighed well over 100lbs all in. Last year there was a microburst at the track. It picked up that 20x10 canopy (with tires that it was tied down to) lifted it up in the air and dumped it on top of my First-Up canopy (which was covering my car) The 20x10 canopy was bent, buckled and ruined. The First-Up canopy had one broken arm but was strong enough to protect my car.

So I bought another one.

The Walmart First Up is now on sale locally for 79.95 !

Mine has stood up to two separate nights of high winds and rain, though I'm sure it's much stronger at half-height.
    Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

That is not an E-Z up brand canopy. Think of it this way, a drill from Harbor Freight or a Milwaukee/Dewalt/Makita?
    [/b]
    Your buying into their marketing way too much. If the quality is the same, i don't give
    a sh*t who made it.
    Scot Mac - Mac Motorsports
    88 ITB Fiero #41, SFR, NWR, ICSCC

Your buying into their marketing way too much. If the quality is the same, i don't give
    a sh*t who made it.
    [/b]
    If you buy the one on ebay, please give us a review. I have owned the cheap canopies and was not happy with them. From the specs given (frame, diameter, top) it does not compare, quality is substantially different as I was referencing in my HF example

I'm just passing along a good find, to each their own!
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Just picked up Two of these 10x10's at Sam's today. (some assembly required!) I'm sure they will serve me well!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Nice re-design. They no longer have the 'spider web' thing in the middle, instead they have side supports that lock into place for structure. Nothing in the middle to bonk your head on! Held up great for the first use. Just a small modification needed to get them to drop to the required height to be just over the car - drilling the new canopy poles was FUN!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

instead they have side supports that lock into place for structure.
    [/b]
    If you don't undo a side support when packing up you'll break a truss, I found out the hard way! Not bad though, I ordered a replacement set of trusses for $27 and change shipped.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT