Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 280Z Brake shoes

Hmmmm....beer injection for the driver and for the brakes. That might work......

There is, by the way, no such thing as an English "race car." There is, however, such a thing as the English "we work on it lots" car.

I'll post Keith's pics tomorrow. It is, as they used to say back in the day, trick.

"Steve, Steve, Steve, as I have told you a 100 hundred times, it is BUDWEISER on the brakes."

100 Times Huh? I've told you at least 1000 times that the Datsun likes the Rocky Mountain Gold! I know for a fact that Mr. Yutaka Katayama prefered Coors even over Sapporo, Kirin, and Asahi Super Dry. If you wish to continue pouring recycled Clydesdale urine on your brake parts that's your business. If I had an English "race car" I'd pour a pint of Guiness into the brake reservior (and maybe a pint for the driver) and hope for the best.

p.s. Mike... I make sure that the Oompa Loompa's keep the wheel wells clean. The cattle prod works wonders!
    [/b]
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I missed those that Paul posted, sweet!

Ron

I waited for Jeff to post the Katman pictures. I guess he is still trying to get the Guinness in the master cylinder and waiting on the fog to lift......................from his head as a result of the Guinness to post the pictures.

Here are two that Keith sent me some time back.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

"Well, since we are giving it up"

Paul... Thanks for posting those pix... That's the kind of upgrade I've been looking for. Maybe I can get Steve Eckrich to fabricate them for me!
    [/b]
    First we get you down to legal weight and now you want me to make you faster yet?? That is the best way to cool solid rotors--good fab work.

Killing me not to make flying pig joke.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Paul, thanks for those. I kept getting a "file to large" error message, but maybe that was my head after all the Guinness.

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Great info and pictures here, thanks everybody
    I've got everything ordered, the discs, calipers and wheel cylinders all came from partsamerica.com (dicount auto's online store), ordered Friday, got here last night. (fast!) Hawk blues for the front from summit and R-4s for the back directly from Porterfield.

Andrew Rowe

Don't forget to keep lots of extra drums and rotors trued up. It goes a long way toward keeping low pedal travel during the course of a race to always start with a fresh set.
    katman

Killing me not to make flying pig joke.
    [/quote]

Fire at will.. It's an occupational hazard. Besides, I probably deserve it after being so rough on my buddy Jeff. No more drinking and typing for me.

Paul... Thanks for those pix! I have a little work to do to get to that point.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Buddies?? I told you several threads ago I hate all you guys. Cheaters!

Pigs flying? About as likely to happen as a 240z making a good race car!

Just wait till I get my Motec brake ducts from Mr. Eckerich. I'll whup you then!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

[/b]
    What? Awright, who let Jeff out of his cage?
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

LOL...dude, I didn't say a WORD about 260zs. Now that is a great race car.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Wired by Lucas, sure enough!

Mike

Just wait till I get my Motec brake ducts from Mr. Eckerich. I'll whup you then!
    [/quote]

I love you man! I totally agree that the 240z is a 37 year old, no Motec, SU carb, drum brake, low tech, underdog POS. So if I read between the lines it sounds like you are paying me a huge compliment! If the Z is such a mutt then the only thing that explains me clawing my toward the pointy end of the field is DRIVER!!! Thanks Man!

p.s. BTW.. Pigs DO fly. I am a prime example.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Imagine what you might do in a "real" race car, you know, modern with precise AF mixture via modern electronics, brakes that didn't need management and were always there for you........

R

LOL...I saw some of those driving skillz right on my door at Turn 5 of Barber on the test day.....

Seriously man, you and the Oompas (or should I say Oompah, singular) have done a fantastic job with the Silver Streak. Car is fast and reliable -- a goal for me to shoot for.

Having to miss VIR this weekend; come on down to the SIC and let's have some fun in a few weeks.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8