Thread: Enjoyed my IT debut at Road Atlanta

Thanks to all at Road Atlanta for a fun weekend of racing. This was my first race in ITA (long time SM pilot) and I had a great time racing IT. Scraped a 4th in the SARRC and won the ECR in the rain. The car is much more fun to drive in IT(ish) spec and the racing was enjoyable and clean. It certainly gives a new dimension racing against different makes and models of cars. Congrats to everyone on their results and it was fun meeting you guys out there.

See you at the ARRC!

Well done Colin. Hanging with the fast guys at RAtlanta is tough. Beating them in the rain is really good.
    You are finding the same things I did when i moved to IT.....cars with different speeds at different parts of the track, less fender bending in each corner due to being either faster or slower then some cars, and a very fun bunch who just likes to race. SM is a fantastic class but has become a little more cut throat withthe big National carrot held out for those guys to make a grab at. IT is much like the early SM days, less stress more fun.

Mac
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Congratulations Colin,
    I'm sure you will love IT as much as I do. I just need to get out on the track more often. I agree with Mac, the stress of crashes are deminished greatly in IT compared to SM. I hope to see you guys at RA with NASA next weekend. I'm still sorting out the SE-R and NASA is great for a 2 day test and tune.
    ITA 78 Sentra SE-R