Thread: Sure is quiet out here!

Has everyone gone on vacation? Or have you all blown up like me. I should be back out at VIR, or at least that is the plan. Should have it running by the middle of next week.

Mike

Well as a matter of fact, as of last weekend, I did blow up. Plus now I have a ton of body damage because an ITS car decided it was more important to get in the way of three cars fighting for a podium, then it was to show some judgement and get out of the way. I will say this, I am tired of being hit by people, screwing up my car, and then these drivers don't have the courtesy to at least stop by after the race and say "sorry", "screw you", or "oops your bad". But there is an old saying.........."Whats goes around, comes around." It's my new life's mission.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Didn't blow up, car is fine and getting prepped for the Hillclimb next month. I worked Barber and have just spent the last couple of weeks dismantling another parts car.

Too bad about last weekend Tristan, I have a '91 240sx hatch in the yard right now that if I don't get a title for I am going to build into a race car. I would really rather get the title as insurance for my 16yo is a killer in the Volvo, my truck or the RX8. I drove the car onto the trailer to bring it home and while it needs work for a little bit of $$$ I can make into a decent daily driver for my son.

I guess everybody is just busy right now. It has been slow on a couple of other forums as well.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

I think everyone is busy racing. I had a better weekend than Tristan last weekend. Wound up sixth in ITA, which isn't too bad for me.

Tristan, what became of the protest?

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Lost it. They said it was essentially racing. Funny though I was hit on the rear right wheel. Sounds like i should have had the corner.
    Tristan Smith

All I know Tristan is I'm gonna steer clear of you.

Sorry about the bad luck - did the connecting rod on your bench come from the inside? Looks like it went up in a big way.

timo

Yep. I haven't had the stomach yet to want to open the engine and see what all has been done. But at best I will need a bottom end.
    Tristan Smith

Sorry to hear about the damage Tristan. I was the one out there with the huge white rookie X on the back of my RX-7 and I ended up limping arount the track for about 6 laps trying to finish my 1st race after the steering box broke and there was better than 220 degrees of slop in the wheel.

At this time I want to apologize for being a moving chicane last weekend and I promise to do better. My confidence just isn't quite back yet after the last wreck and my goal was to finish with a car I can race again.

It's been quiet from this keyboard due to spending the last 6 weeks thrashing 6-10 hrs a day trying to get the car done. Why is it that it takes me twice as long to do something on that car when compared to my initial estimate?
    Tom Sprecher

What do you do to get it done in twice the time? That has got to be some kind of record. I felt good getting it down to 3x!!!

Mike

Sorry to hear about the bad news Tristan. I hope she goes back together easily for you and goes back together faster, stronger, etc. aka Steve Austin.

Mike my Z motor is about finished and I *might* make VIR. At any rate if you make VIR I'll bring the torque plate back up to you, much appreciated.

Ron

What do you do to get it done in twice the time? That has got to be some kind of record. I felt good getting it down to 3x!!!

Mike
    [/b]
    For me it's usually not just (at least) twice the time, but twice the cost of my initial estimate too.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Has everyone gone on vacation? Or have you all blown up like me. I should be back out at VIR, or at least that is the plan. Should have it running by the middle of next week.

Mike
    [/b]
    Yes. No. And I'll see you there! We're vacationing on Keuka Lake up near Watkins Glen. I left the Oompa Loompas back at the race shop to get the car ready for VIR.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Must be nice to have a slave work force.......lol.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Mike
    [/b]
    Jeff has figured it out.

Must be nice to have a slave work force.......lol.....
    [/b]
    I go into "slave labor mode" 'til the wee hours!

Tom Sprecher

For me it's usually not just (at least) twice the time, but twice the cost of my initial estimate too.
    [/b]
    Now I know why you don't keep your receipts...Robert
    ITS 240-Z #50
    Rio Grande Region

Well, I should be able to fire the engine in my car tonight!!! VIR is looking makable. Every time I put an engine together in the car I am reminded of how hard I will have to pound the guy that designed this intake and exhaust mounting system if I ever meet him. Although in all fairness he probably never dreamed of the convoluted headers and such we run.

Hope to be there for the CCPS races, most likely with a guest driver. If the car looks fast, it probably isn't me driving. If it is doing something stupid, unfortunately, that probably is me!!!

Mike

Well, I should be able to fire the engine in my car tonight!!! VIR is looking makable. Every time I put an engine together in the car I am reminded of how hard I will have to pound the guy that designed this intake and exhaust mounting system if I ever meet him. Although in all fairness he probably never dreamed of the convoluted headers and such we run.

Hope to be there for the CCPS races, most likely with a guest driver. If the car looks fast, it probably isn't me driving. If it is doing something stupid, unfortunately, that probably is me!!!

Mike
    [/b]
    Hope you make it Mike. I should be there shooting pics.

Well the neighbors got to hear my engine for a few seconds last night! Nothing bad, just a couple blips off idle and then back off, it was almost 10:00 so I kept it short. VIR is seeming like a go.

Mike