Thread: Carburated IT Cars - Balancing the system

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

7. Wires and connectors in the engine wiring harness may be modified or replaced.

No longer a limit to use OE harness... You need an ignition signal for tach and a sync signal for sequential I promise it is not hard for those that want it.
    [/b]
    Joe, the fact that it offers "modified" and "replaced" as options, but not "added" or "removed", is deliberate. It still might be possible to convert batch to timed if the wiring is right, but the new rule does not permit adding a whole bunch of wires that weren't already there.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

... but the new rule does not permit adding a whole bunch of wires that weren't already there.
    [/b]

Just what exactly do you think people are going to think "replaced" means??? It's pretty open-ended, to say the least...

Also, wasn't "modifed or replaced" the exact verbage used in the ECU rule you are trying to change... If that was ACCEPTED to mean "stuff in a Motec"... what makes you think that people aren't going to take the same verbage to stuff in as many wires as they need???

They "removed" the stock ECU board, and "replaced" it with a Motec... I would think the same would apply to the wiring...

Nice try...
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

Just what exactly do you think people are going to think "replaced" means??? It's pretty open-ended, to say the least...

Also, wasn't "modifed or replaced" the exact verbage used in the ECU rule you are trying to change... If that was ACCEPTED to mean "stuff in a Motec"... what makes you think that people aren't going to take the same verbage to stuff in as many wires as they need???

They "removed" the stock ECU board, and "replaced" it with a Motec... I would think the same would apply to the wiring...

Nice try...
    [/b]
    Come on guys... I'm waiting for someone to address this... After all the assurances that there are "limits" and that the playing field will be "more equal/fair"... Please explain to us how "modified or replaced" does NOT mean "add" or "remove"... especially in this context... especially when the rule it's replacing, which is also being used to justify the change, uses that exact same language... Show us where the "limits" are... Please...
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

Come on guys... I'm waiting for someone to address this... After all the assurances that there are "limits" and that the playing field will be "more equal/fair"... Please explain to us how "modified or replaced" does NOT mean "add" or "remove"... especially in this context... especially when the rule it's replacing, which is also being used to justify the change, uses that exact same language... Show us where the "limits" are... Please...
    [/b]
    Sorry, Darin - I got lost. What is the concern exactly? Rule says...

The engine management computer may be altered or replaced. A throttle position sensor and its wiring may be added or replaced. A MAP sensor and its wiring may be added. Other existing sensors, excluding the stock air metering device, may be substituted for equivalent units. ...Wires and connectors in the engine wiring harness may be modified or replaced.

The worry is that someone will use a new combination of wires to come up with a killer system using the stock injectors?

K

Joe, the fact that it offers "modified" and "replaced" as options, but not "added" or "removed", is deliberate. It still might be possible to convert batch to timed if the wiring is right, but the new rule does not permit adding a whole bunch of wires that weren't already there.
    [/b]
    Modified opens up a whole world Josh.....How did we get to motec in the box? Lets set we don't have to run these 4 items any longer so we now have 4 free wires. You think you can't police ECU's how many times you gonna cut a harness open to see if it has the correct number of wires?
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com