Thread: Autopower roll cage (ITB legal?)

I have seen a bunch of VW cars running autopower bolt in rollcages and wanted to clarify if they are legal or not? I have been told by some they are and others say no? Sorry for all questions, just want to buy the right car and not have to re-work it to be legal.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

I have seen a bunch of VW cars running autopower bolt in rollcages and wanted to clarify if they are legal or not? I have been told by some they are and others say no? Sorry for all questions, just want to buy the right car and not have to re-work it to be legal.
    [/b]
    Regardless of who made the cage, it'll needs 2X door bars and an existing car with AP cage will likely need those added. As that rule is new for 2007, assume many cages, not just AP, may need that mod.

It depends on the exact application and age of the cage. Autopower does advertise that their current cages are currently good for SCCA. I once had to remove a bolt-in Autopower cage that was a few years old from an '83 Scirocco because the rear braces had insufficient angle (they bolted to bottom of strut tower rather than top).
    2006 NARRC ITC, 1ST
    2006 NERRC ITC, 1ST
    2000 NERRC ITB, 3RD

BUGCITY -- RANCO Collision -- FlameTheHorse -- Shine Racing Service