Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double CCPS @ VIR

crazyshoe Guest

Way to dangle that carrot :P I've got no co-driver and no crew, unless you include the "Bank". And the "Bank" doesn’t change tires or pour fuel. Maybe I can persuade her to hand me a frosty drink on the 2min break.

Tempting.. Anyone up for sharing a crew with me - just as a contingency. IT7s need not apply, for obvious reasons
    [/b]
    Joe,

I need a co-driver too. You wanna race my car with me? I need someone to race with so I can justify towing my stuff to virginia

I'd like to go but there's not enough time to fix the steering box that went south at Road Atlanta last weekend and it's bit of a haul from Hotlanta. Plus, I really need to support the Atlanta Region by going to Nashville for the Labor Day races and the racing budget at this point is thinner than the chrome on an undocumented immigrant bumper.

Tom Sprecher

Jeff,

Thanks for the offer. I'm in. Sent you my cell in a PM and we'll catch up on the specifics. Should make some for some great racing @ VIR.

BTW, I'm stoked. :P
    Joe
    E' meglio bruciare, piuttosto che svanire lentamente

IT7 - #72 - www.joe-racer.com
    2006 SCCA SE Time Trials Champion / Street Mod

Joe, didn't get that PM?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

As of today there are 59 entries for the CCPS. Here's the 411:

24 SM
    10 SRF
    6 ITS
    6 IT7
    5 ITA
    3 ITB
    2 ITC
    2 SSC

It looks like the National crowd is looking for some more track time. We need more of the IT/Regional crowd. It's not too late to put your name in the hat!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Sounds like there is going to be a good turn out. Should be a great weekend. Joe, glad to hear you're coming up. I'll be sure to try to find you and make formal introductions. The CCPS format is really fun. If you don't change drivers, then the pit stop basically involves timing the stop, even my pit crew can handle that.
    Robert Mitchell
    NC Region
    IT7 # 28

What a fun weekend! Even though we were down on speed some, we had a blast. I really enjoyed racing with the ITB and some of the Spec Miata crowd... thank's for the tow's!

Hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Results from Sunday's race have not been posted on MyLaps. Anyone know why this might be? I'm trying to see if I did any better in my 2 min pit stop on Sunday compared to Saturday. My pit stop was 17 seconds longer then it needed to be on Saturday.

For my first CCPS I had a blast. 45 minutes is a lot of track time and this was only my 2nd time running VIR Full so I needed all the track time I could get. I thought NCR did a great job running the event. The starts went a lot better than the SARRC/MAARS with almost the same number of cars on Saturday.

Only downside was the heat. Time to start thinking about a cool shirt.

Thanks,
    Jimw
    Jim Wray
    #4 ITB Wraycer Wrabbit
    Greensboro, NC

I can not tell you in words how much fun i had racing in the CCPS group 1 on saturday. i have never yet met a bunch of guys that raced as good as they did. close as can be but never hitting one an other. it was also great to meet you guys and BS after the race. BTW i was the one in the yellow mustang #29

I can not tell you in words how much fun i had racing in the CCPS group 1 on saturday. i have never yet met a bunch of guys that raced as good as they did. close as can be but never hitting one an other. it was also great to meet you guys and BS after the race. BTW i was the one in the yellow mustang #29

Thanks
    Manny

Thanks
    Manny
    [/b]
    Manny... how bout that 8th or 9th lap into 14, 3 wide with me in the middle? That was a blast! There was more than a lap or two, where I had to lift (a very bad thing in a momentum car) coming out of Oak Tree to avoid getting any yellow paint on the Honda. A lot of fun on Saturday and Sunday!

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Race results are up on Mylaps- http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=238189

I'm a little confused about the ITS results from Saturday. When we left we thought that we were 4th. Provisional results showed Bob Gill the class leader followed by David M. and then Richard Lavosky. Mylaps shows Gill in 4th with all others moving up. What Gives?
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Steve, did you guys break?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Well.... We finished the race but the differential was fried. At impound it siezed and stayed that way until it cooled off. Also, Bryan spun out about half way through the race and it took 3 laps for the car to start. Not one of our more memorable races but the only damage was the rear end. I'm taking a break right now from removing the diff. You can smell it from 15 feet away!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

It's amazing how Hoop broke the pro-Miata crowd from bump drafting his Honda.

Steve, Gill got DQed for a short pit stop. Can you believe with all of our problems we got a class win?! Ran Sunday with a set of Advance Auto Wearever Silver brake pads on the front and a set of metal masters on the rear that we had taken off about 3 years ago!! Turn one went something like this all day: Number 7 breaking marker (I know, there's no number 7 breaking marker) Good pedal, good pad, funny smell, lots of dust, NO BITE, OH SH_T!!! I know we really pissed off a few guys with our stellar breaking performances!! But we were able to finish!! I hope we can all get our gremlins fixed for an October shootout!!
    David Murphy
    Murphy Motorsports
    ITS 240sx
    Carolina Cup Pro Series
    www.murphymotorsports.net

It's amazing how Hoop broke the pro-Miata crowd from bump drafting his Honda.
    [/b]

not to mention how i could take certain ITS cars in corners sometimes it's nice to have the lightest (and slowest) car on the track.
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Steve, Gill got DQed for a short pit stop. Can you believe with all of our problems we got a class win?!

Wow! It was the race that nobody wanted to win. Stauffer fell out while leading. We were in the lead when we had our problems. Gill came across the line first but gets bumped to 4th! You guys started from pit lane and finished the race on Flintstone brakes!

Let's all get our stuff fixed and line up again in October!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Steve, Gill got DQed for a short pit stop. <snip> [/b]
    David, I have a question about the rules....

No names (it&#39;s really not that big a deal), but last year I was in a CCPS race where a guy got penalized for a "short stop". He finished 4th about 20 seconds ahead of me. The 5th place car was about 1 1/2 car lengths ahead of me. The 4th place guy was penalized "1 position" which moved him back to 5th. Essentially between me and the guy that finished less than 1 second ahead of me. <_<

Maybe they&#39;ve "fixed" the rule, and granted we&#39;re talking about the difference between 5th and 6th. It just seems like a bum deal at the time.

On the other hand, I know someone who had a "short stop" in an ECR because they were 1 second under.

Is DQing for a short stop new this year? Still not sure how I feel about that, but it&#39;s definitely an improvement over "1 position".
    Mike Spencer
    NC Region
    ITA/7 RX-7 #60
    IT7R RX-7 #37 (build in process)
    1990 Classic Red Miata
    2004 "Winning Blue" RX-8

Mike... I&#39;ve had some experience with a short pit penalty. The last time we ran the CCPS at Lowes my pit stop was deemed to be .016 seconds short! I was penalized 1 finishing position. It&#39;s my understanding (I could be wrong) that a short stop of less than 1 second results in a penalty of 1 finishing position. Greater than 1 second is 5 positions (I think) or possibly DQed, it&#39;s left to the stewards. Here&#39;s what the rulebook says:

7.1The mandatory pit stop will be 2 minutes in length. The pit stop shall not commence until at least 1 lap after the green flag and less than 2 minutes prior to the checker. Failure to make the required 2 minute pit stop may result in a time or lap penalty or possible disqualification.

7.2Timing the pit stop will be determined through these 2 methods:

Method 1

Use the timing charts for the race as provided by timing and scoring to determine the fastest lap times for competitors. By adding 2 minutes plus the time required to traverse pit lane at 40 MPH to this fastest lap time, a total pit stop time shall be determined for each entry. Lap charts shall then be checked to confirm that each competitor did have a total lap time equal to or greater than the previously determined lap time.

Method 2

A log will be maintained to show the time and car number of all cars entering and exiting pit lane during the event. A study of the log shall show that all cars having entered and exited pit lane in a total time equal to or greater than 2 minutes plus the time required to traverse pit lane at 40 MPH.

I hope this helps...
    Steve
    ITS 57
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX