Thread: August Fastrack out!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The reality is that this rule may benefit more cars than it leaves out.
    There are not many people building 25 year old cars anymore. (the ones with carbs)
    Most new cars being built now are into the computer/ECU age. If you are building certain popular Honda/Acuras and BMWs, maybe there are chips and daughter boards available. In the Nissan, Toyota, and Mazda camps there is even less available. If you want to build any of the less popular models of these makes or hold that thought, something different, there is nothing available.

Of course, if you have enough money to invest with Joe or some of his type, they will develop a one off for you. But now with the new rule you may be able to adapt something else that will get you to where you need to be happy. May cost Joe or someone some of their income, but so be it.

The chip rule/daughter board option only rewards those with the mega popular cars for which there is a chip or daughter board available. The stock rule eliminates modern cars from ever being able to race due to the rev limiters, limp modes, etc. Putting it in the stock box only increases cost, but does not eliminate it. Keeping the stock harness with connectors just makes it more expensive. (I am still waiting for someone to send me a roll of fast wire)

None of these make it impossible, just expensive. Some reward car choice, ie chips and daughter boards.
    The new rule gives everyone a chance, to spend or not spend, but at least it is an equal chance.
    Wait, maybe that is the real problem here, no more perceived advantage by car choice.
    Anyone know where I can buy a hot chip for my Renault Renix computer? Darn.

I am happy with the new rule and I think it levels the field for all in IT. Carb guys you have always been able to tune, so quit crying and sweep up the rust under your car.
    If I can ever find a decent affordable 71-73 Pinto body I will put my carb car back together too.
    Carl

The reality is that this rule may benefit more cars than it leaves out.
    There are not many people building 25 year old cars anymore. (the ones with carbs)
    Most new cars being built now are into the computer/ECU age. If you are building certain popular Honda/Acuras and BMWs, maybe there are chips and daughter boards available. In the Nissan, Toyota, and Mazda camps there is even less available. If you want to build any of the less popular models of these makes or hold that thought, something different, there is nothing available.

Of course, if you have enough money to invest with Joe or some of his type, they will develop a one off for you. But now with the new rule you may be able to adapt something else that will get you to where you need to be happy. May cost Joe or someone some of their income, but so be it.

The chip rule/daughter board option only rewards those with the mega popular cars for which there is a chip or daughter board available. The stock rule eliminates modern cars from ever being able to race due to the rev limiters, limp modes, etc. Putting it in the stock box only increases cost, but does not eliminate it. Keeping the stock harness with connectors just makes it more expensive. (I am still waiting for someone to send me a roll of fast wire)

None of these make it impossible, just expensive. Some reward car choice, ie chips and daughter boards.
    The new rule gives everyone a chance, to spend or not spend, but at least it is an equal chance.
    Wait, maybe that is the real problem here, no more perceived advantage by car choice.
    Anyone know where I can buy a hot chip for my Renault Renix computer? Darn.

I am happy with the new rule and I think it levels the field for all in IT. Carb guys you have always been able to tune, so quit crying and sweep up the rust under your car.
    If I can ever find a decent affordable 71-73 Pinto body I will put my carb car back together too.
    Carl
    [/b]
    Carl, don't kid yourself this rule will make me money. That is not part of the issue that even we need to be discussing. Look back at all the threads and you will see that nissan,toyota and mazda are all well covered in how to chip and flash.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com