Thread: 2nd Gen GXL and T2 Rx7 Question

Hey guys,

I wrecked my Rx7 at Pueblo last weekend when I got on some aligator curbing and it shot me across the track into a tire wall (thank god I was wearing a Hans device). Anyways, Everything on my car is good except for the body and I have a lead on a cheap T2 that I wanted to transfer everything over to. I know I have to change the whole drivetrain out but is anything else (like the computer) different or will I be able to just swap everything over?

Everything is different. Wire harness down to mounts on the chassis. Really not worth the trouble even if it is free. Find a better donor.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

What mounts on the chassis? The uni body is the same throughout. The only time you'll run into a difference is manual v. automatic trans.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Sean is that tub really toast?

Bill P. said it was a pretty hard hit, but it didn't look like a write off when I saw it on your trailer.

That's too bad, dude. That was your first time out in that car in over a year, wasn't it?
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Yeah actually it might not be a write off after all. Bunch of dents to get out. Going to take a good look this weekend. Yeah it sucks it was the first time I took the car out in over a year. Thanks Ty