Thread: Split Starts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

not true. one move to keep someone from going by is called defensive driving. more than one move between corners is called blocking.

i have no idea what happened in this scenario...just pointing it out.
    [/b]
    Travis,
    That's pretty much accepted,, but in reality it's not always how many moves you make but when and where you make them. "Defensive driving" is taking a middle line instead of a classic line; it's not jumping over in front of someone just to keep him from going by, that's just plain "blocking". You may not get called in by the stewards for one such move but don't be surprised if you get poked in the rear by the guy trying to pass.

G
    G Jones
    ITC Fiesta
    MARRS 22

Travis,
    That's pretty much accepted,, but in reality it's not always how many moves you make but when and where you make them. "Defensive driving" is taking a middle line instead of a classic line; it's not jumping over in front of someone just to keep him from going by, that's just plain "blocking". You may not get called in by the stewards for one such move but don't be surprised if you get poked in the rear by the guy trying to pass.

G
    [/b]
    i can use as much of the track as i damn well please.

like kirk....i'm on the inside as much as possible to start. if i'm on the outside at the green and I have an ITR/S/E car right next to me. you'd be a fool to think i'm doing anything other than IMMEDIATELY moving over into that spot he just vacated.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region