Thread: Split Starts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welll OK guys if we're going to make this personal:

Jeff, you didn't "leave just enough room" for anything, especially my Fiesta. You guys could have held hands going down the front straight. The only way I got any room was to do a little bump drafting on your buddy and a little bumper rubbing on your "borrowed" car. (If people are going to team up out there, one must take extra-measures to defend himself.) And guess what, when you move your car to keep someone from going by, you are BLOCKING and BLOCKING is not gentlemanly behavior.

As far as my lap times, I believe the race times might indicate that occasionally I can get around a corner; at least I don't remember seeing you again after lap one.

And Spanky most Germans right before WWII thought Nazism was OK too: sometimes the majority doesn't get it right; they just get it.

See you guys in August.

G
    G Jones
    ITC Fiesta
    MARRS 22

And guess what, when you move your car to keep someone from going by, you are BLOCKING and BLOCKING is not gentlemanly behavior.

[/b]
    not true. one move to keep someone from going by is called defensive driving. more than one move between corners is called blocking.

i have no idea what happened in this scenario...just pointing it out.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

G. Robert,

In terms of the specific issue - we should talk in August about the June start. I do not recall moving to the center after I made the immediate move to the center. If I did, my sincere apologies.

I know I never caught you during the race, but during qualifying, I almost gave you a proctology exam in three and ten just before the checker came out.

In terms of the more general issue - I do not think that moving in anticipation of another driver's action is blocking. I also think that any movement in reaction to another driver's action is blocking - i.e. no 1-move rule.

Jeff

Lots of classes have idiot drivers, and yes, the unnamed class had its share. One was a driver who qualified much better than he raced, and would hold up the rest of the "slow group" with borderline tactics. ( #$%&^@ unnamed spec cars should not need to hit the #$%&@ brakes before the kink in the chute.) Funny, though, how after the split starts started, there were a few discussions of questionable driving tactics WITHIN the ITC class. [/b]
    My apologies. The unnamed spec class has plenty of excellent drivers.
    ps. working in downtown DC is for suckers. :P
    [/b]
    Yes