Thread: Split Starts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

K,
    When two people immediatlely close side by side on the straight at the start and continue that way without trying to maneuver to pass and then move left when the car behind moves left, I may be wrong but I think they're trying to hold back the following car by all means.

I would be the last person to suggest that one, two, or three cars don't have a right to whatever lines or formation they choose, but if they are manuevering with the single purpose of holding off a following competitor, they are blocking. Otherwise we'd have to say there's no such thing as blocking. In that case I can play by those rules also the same way I'm playing by the stupid "split-grid" set up.

G
    G Jones
    ITC Fiesta
    MARRS 22

K,
    When two people immediatlely close side by side on the straight at the start and continue that way without trying to maneuver to pass and then move left when the car behind moves left, I may be wrong but I think they're trying to hold back the following car by all means. ...

G
    [/b]
    Or perhaps they were both pedal-down and going the same speed, neither wanting to get out of it and both willing to sacrifice something to not let the other of the pair in front? Nah - couldn't happen.

K