First if we are qualifying as a mixed group, in our case ITB and C, we should race as a group with cars gridded by qualifying times as God meant for road racing to start. If you are faster than a higher classed car and you out qualify him, for the most part you are rid of him at the start and don't need to deal with him later in the race (usually in the middle of a dice with someone in your own class.)
[/b]
not my experience at all. if you are faster than a higher classed car odds are he's got motor on you, will go by at the start, and phuck everything up in T1.

Second, the split grid business gives the C polesitter a definite advantage because he or she is the only driver who can see the start marker (i.e., the end of the pit out wall) so he or she inherits a jump simply by the set up. He or she can easily accelerate and then wave his or her hand so the rest of us get to go and of course only the car directly beside or behind the polesitter can see the hand wave. That's why they put the starter stand in the air - so more drivers can see the race start and accelerate together (as God meant for road races to start.)
[/b]
am i the only one that doesn't see anything wrong with the guy on POLE having an advantage?

And regardless, the B drivers in MARRS are as good as any, fun to race with and most of the time show excellent judgement. I personnally enjoy being mixed with them, and really don't like the extraordinary measures imposed on our group. It's not road racing as I've known it for 30 years, and I would add that if drivers don't like mixed traffic perhaps they should try Solo 1.
[/b]
rediculous statement. if ITS/ITR cars park it in the corners and totally killing my momentum i'm left with no good option. i can either make a bonzai braking attempt, slow down and cost myself huge amounts of time, or i can keep it to the wood and give them a little tap on the rear bumper to let them know 'hey buddy, you're really phucking me back here!" which costs me less time.

i typically choose the latter, which nobody likes, but unfortunately is the best option i have.

why does Grand-Am do split starts for DP/GT?