Andy,
I'll post my point of view later tonight. But I'll give you a short version of what happened after the race.
Before you heard my conversation with Jim Carlson I had already spoken to Peter (Steward) when I went to collect my second place mug. I told Peter that I was not the winner and that the final results were wrong and what should I do. He told me that I could do nothing since they were just that. Final. I then did hear someone say that it was being looked into and that aggressive driving was being looked at. I left it at that and went to get results. I then was leaving with the results and Jim Carlson told me I had to do something about it. I told him I was not going to do anything. I do not think what I said was exactly right or fair. I should have said that I already spoke to Peter and he told me that I could not do anything.
If you believe that I can still give him the win then yes I will give him the win. I have told everyone that he crossed the finish line first. He did pull a very aggressive move and dove to the inside forcing me off the track. I still congratulated him on the win after the race and had no issue with the racing move. He wanted the win bad and he got it. Clearly T&S saw what happened and the guys on the front straight saw it. I did not have a transponder beep for my last lap so T&S and other officials involved must have either made a mistake or did what they wanted to do.
If I found out about it within the "provisional" time I would have told them Scott was the winner.
So yes my response to Jim was not a great one but he caught me a little off guard with his anger and threat of not respecting me. You and him did not realize or hear my conversation with Peter earlier.
[/b]
Beran,

Props for responding. If it were me, I would get it corrected. They can change what they know to be true and you are the key to that. Understand too that I did hear a lot of that conversation including the portion about the money.

As far as your T&S and Finish judges comment, I believe you are wrong. T&S can not see the finish line and the Starter can not see who enters T12 first. 999 times out of 1000, the leader into T12 gets to the S/F line first. They do rely on the drivers to correct them if something is wrong. Same thing at Pocono.

I watched first hand the 'move' into 11/12. When the black Volvo backed Brian up in the corner, you backed out - leaving the apex WIDE open for Scott. He took it. The speed was very slow due to pace of the lapped Volvo. Scott got sideways as he tried to apply power - did he hit you? It didn't look like it but I couldn't see inbetween the cars obviously.

Bottom line, do what you think is right. Nothing is written in stone. Aside from a couple mugs and a few wooden astrays, repsect is all we have in this stupid, money-burning sport we love. I know you a little through Tom, you are a good guy and we can wait to get it sorted out.