Thread: Pig Roast Day 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

By your logic, the 1:01 Joe D 'ran' in the Sat qualifier would have stood even though he went through T3 into T10. Instead, HE went and told them it was wrong. See how it's supposed to work?
    [/b]
    The difference between the two is that in this case T&S was alerted to the error BEFORE the final Q sheet was posted and, hence, it could be fixed.

For the Sunday race, it looks like the problem with the results was not noticed until AFTER the final results were posted. Final is final.

This is another case of there being a communications error, as the flaggers tell control that someone took the shortcut and then the stewards are supposed to call T&S to let them know. I suspect the first happened, but don't know where the error was introduced.

Dave Lyons - TACT is for people not witty enough to be SARCASTIC.
    Latte is French for "You paid too much for your coffee."

Cool

The difference between the two is that in this case T&S was alerted to the error BEFORE the final Q sheet was posted and, hence, it could be fixed.

For the Sunday race, it looks like the problem with the results was not noticed until AFTER the final results were posted. Final is final.

This is another case of there being a communications error, as the flaggers tell control that someone took the shortcut and then the stewards are supposed to call T&S to let them know. I suspect the first happened, but don't know where the error was introduced.

[/b]
    Your assumption being that neither of the two saw provisionals. I doubt it, especially given the events surrounding the finish.

(On edit - there were many interested parties and I find it hard to believe nobody saw it. I am not accusing any single person of wrong-doing)
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Your assumption being that neither of the two saw provisionals. I doubt it, especially given the events surrounding the finish.
    [/b]
    Andy,

No, my assumption is that nothing was said to an official before the results became final. I have no direct proof if the provisionals were seen by any of the interested parties before that time, including you, since you seem to be quite interested. If something had been said I fully expect it would have been fixed.

Saturday: Comments made to officials (including your comments when you walked into T&S to point out the error) before the Q results were final. I know this to be a fact, as I was standing in T&S when you came in to talk about the error. And, since you came in about 30 seconds before the Q results were to be made final, the 1:01 would have stood as a Q time if YOU had not said something. The driver came in AFTER the 30 minute window to "fess up", but the new provisional Q sheet was already done and posted. (And the clock was "reset".)

Sunday: Comments made to officials after the Race results were final. And, it happens that I was standing right there as well.

Are we going to see you at the Comp Board meeting this Friday?

Do you have a solution to the problem, whatever it is, as I don't think anyone knows the exact chain of events that caused the mistakes, yet.
    Dave Lyons - TACT is for people not witty enough to be SARCASTIC.
    Latte is French for "You paid too much for your coffee."