Official results showed the official winner.... Thats what they are. Official.
I did cross the start finish line in second place however something happened that made the officials put me in 1st place. I am not sure what happened. It was either a mistake or intentional and no one protested the provisional results (we were all packing up) within the 30 minutes required so they became final results. A little poetic justice for a unsportsmanlike ITS driver (70) and a little bit of a kamakazi dive in last turn from the person who did cross the start finish line first in ITB. [/b]
Beran,

Some would say that the most unsportsman-like move of the weekend was when you walked up and accepted a 1st place trophy, Hoosier and VW contingency when you knew you hadn't won. Your conversation with the elder Carlson happened right in front of our pit area so I heard it all. I also find it ironic that the first words you had for Brian were "Hey, you cost me a race win" - then you seemingly collected your 'winnings' without protesting the results - officially or unofficially.

What happened was a mistake. We all know that. You crossed the electronic timing stripe first, but not the Finish line. The starter (and team) are supposed to log the finishing positions to have as a cross reference for any issues. Being G8, everyone was surely packing up but when you see an issue, you have to speak up. Just because it's official doesn't make it right. You COULD have - and still can, make it right. It may take a little work now, but what is right is right. By your logic, the 1:01 Joe D 'ran' in the Sat qualifier would have stood even though he went through T3 into T10. Instead, HE went and told them it was wrong. See how it's supposed to work?

As far as WHY you lost the race? It wasn't the #70 that created the issue in T12, it was the black ITB Volvo that created the issue. We watched the whole thing in real time. Will you be posting video if you have it? Did you drive your ass off only to be the victom of a lapped car in the last corner? Yes - but it wasn't the #70. Does it suck? You bet, but that's racing.

(on edit: this may be coming across as harsh, we all know we can see the same situation differently. I saw it from the outside, you saw it from your windshield. I am also tainted by the post-race/results issues when making my final judgements. To say that the #70 was unsportsmanlike is just wrong)