Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pig Roast Day 2

Dick, how in the hell could you see thru that fogged up windshield?

ps- sorry to later run groups, after 3 hours standing in the rain I had had enough
    Doug
    NER.org webmaster (retired)
    the16v.com Photography
    briansgarage.com

Let me be the first to congratulate Joe on his double wins this weekend! One in the dry and one in the wet. VERY nice!!!

Also, the ITA race in the wet today was awesome. I can't speak for everyone but up front the driving was really clean and tight. Thanks to Joe and Tim for the great race.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Congrats to Crazy Joe on his bookend wins. All I can say is you are putting a lot of Spnosorship pressurer on me. Now the questions are starting - Tim - how come we don't use Hankook and win $800.00 for the race weekend - you're killing me Joe. Seriously - Nice job Joe.

Jeff - Sorry about your result on Sat - You deserved the podium on Sat - Today I scaled at 2621 lbs - thank God I put the extra 2 gallons of gas in just before the race.

For myself - CPM Motorsports had a great weekend - tight clean racing with Richie H, Jeff L, Joe D. Andy B. Geoff B - Great racing guys - It is my pleasure to be sharing the track with you all.

I think we all need to keep watching Joe - The guy drives over the top - smacked the wall coming down the hill to T-10 (?) on Sat - never took his foot out of it - WOW - CRAAAAZZZZY!

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

[/b]
    Sonar?

Actually the bottom half stated quite good and I sit pretty low. This was the first time out for the new chassis. This car was a full rotisserie project built to see if you could get one of these down to weight. Stupid number of hours in this car. And yes I will paint it. Got two part sessions in on Friday, 3 laps in Saturday qualifying before they meatballed me for dumping fuel from the vent. Race was fair in Saturday but I was driving poorly plus the panhard rod loosened up and moved and we had to replace a tranny oil seal and a driveshaft after the race. Sunday morning qualifying was okay I ended up 13th and the 3rd rx7 (three separated by a tenth). Heck we were only 4 seconds behind Andy.

This was the first session where I did not have to fix anything. As the race approached it seemed that buying those new rain tires Friday was a good move. A big thanks to fellow rx7 racer Dave Faita whose car was not ready so was my loyal crew all weekend. They gave us two pace laps but I totally screwed up by missing the cut to Nascar 3&4 on the first on so I drove thru the chicane and stopped near pit in and put myself at the back of the longest line, 17th I think. This was the first time this weekend that I felt confident in the car. Dove to the left on the start and went by the wrong tire guys and kept passing cars. It was pretty frigging cool. Went to pass one car on the right going into 11 but could not get back in line so I had to pass 3 cars there. Thought I was hung out to dry but these guys gave me room and I can’t thank them enough. That is when I ended up on Anthony’s tail in the picture. 17th to maybe 7th in a lap or two. I had nothing for Anthony but could stay with him hoping for a mistake.

Eric in the blue Integra then reeled me in and we had some wild side by side clean racing for a couple of laps. That was the second time this weekend Eric really impressed me. Anthony obviously got away as a result and then Geoff Branscome disposed of me pretty easily. Spent the rest of the race in 9th until Richie tested the tire wall on the last lap and ended up 8th and 1st Rx7.

It was a really fun race and everyone I saw drove very well for the conditions.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Wow, what can I say in addition..........

What a blast!!!! And from what I saw, some VERY tight and VERY clean racing!!! (cough, cough, except for Tim a few times coming out of 6.......... :P ) What a great group of guys to run with. And I mean the WHOLE group, not just the guys I raced with directly.

I will get Joe's wall "brush" posted hopefully tonight. For those who didn't see it Saturday night when I played it over, and over, and over again, prepare to be amazed!!!

Now, I've known Joe for 6 years and he's had the nick name Crazy Joe from before I met him. We have raced door handle to door handle for the past two years, usually running within a tenth of each other. Not only did I get a great view of last year's big Memorial Day "Big Wreck", but I was involved in it as well. So I've seen Joe do some crazy sh*t.......... But this one takes the cake........ Nothing even comes close........ I'm still shaking my head this morning over it.......

Joe is the new stud, no doubt about it....... And i think I'm switching to Hankooks!!

I was a very disappointed with the out come of Saturday's race. But I can't complain about it, it's black and white, whether I was two pounds or 100 lbs under weight. I think they felt almost as bad penalizing me as I did getting penalized (OK, maybe not THAT bad). But they handled it with a great deal of compassion so I have no complaints about it. And when I look at it, it was one of the most fun races I've been in, so all I missed out on was an engraved mug!! Hey, after how many races can you have Richie come give you a bear hug in impound and say, "That was a freakin' BLAST!!" The top four guys finished within 3.8 seconds of each other!!!!

Anyone know what happened to Richie on Sunday??

I certainly like running at NHIS in the rain more than LRP!! Despite the huge friggen lakes. That was scarey on the first lap!! For the first half of Sunday's race i was trying to power through the one out of 10, but I got the sound board about half way through the race and had to crawl past Sound Control (right where the lake was) for the rest of the race. It got VERY hairy!!!

Congrats to Dick on the new car! Glad to see you back!

Hard luck award to Jake.......Unfortunately it seems to be a trend........Take your car to Kessler, he'll get to right!!

Thanks again to the whole group for a great weekend!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

It was a fun race to watch!
    Some good action.
    Rich even splashed us at turn three when he went off on the last lap in front of the fence.
    I want my own run group! ;-)
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

Nice job Joe - that's Awesome! Hankooks eh?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I am at work and very backed up so I can't post my race report, but lets just say the ITS/ITB race was Interesting...

B cars in front due to rain Qual and S cars mid-back of pack running through the field. I have never raced so hard for the first 4 laps in my short racing career.

Richie had a tough weekend and my Acura and his Civic swaped a little paint. OK somehow a bumper came off. I still don't know how, I need to look at my video tonight.
    Jeremy Billiel

ended up 8th and 1st Rx7.

[/b]
    What? No pictures of the RX-7 Cup finally changing hands? I hope it is proudly displayed in the garage by now!

Good job with the new car.

Jeremy
    "It's a fact..."

The ITS race started a little rough (it's tough to get so many cars into that T1 chute) and the ITB race ended with a slice of controversy for sure. Official results did not show the correct winner. Not sure if it will get fixed.

Tim and Joe obliterated me at the start of the ITA race. No holding anyone off this time. Tim and I raced nose to tail for 3/4 of the race until I got by him in T3. Tried to haul in Joe but it wasn't going to happen as the race ended on time after 16 laps instead of going the scheduled 18.

Couldn't take advantage of Saturdays dry race when I found a box-o-neutrals headed down into T6 while leading by a good chunk...to finish first, you must first finish eh? Nuts!

Spare tranny in, pole on Sunday AM in the dry, and the rest is history. Richie had fast lap by a good amount, Joe out-drove all of us in the wet and the RIVER in T10 was INSANE!

Wait until you see Jeff video of Joe on the wall...unreal.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Okay Andy and Joe, I guess you weren't paying attention to the terms of potential sponsorship prior to
    the weekend, so at least now I don't have to choose between you.

However - what great racing to watch! Congratulations to ALL of you!
    Carol Miller
    CPM Motorsports
    ITA - Civic Si #11
    ITC - CRX #11
    ITA - Integra #11

Official results showed the official winner.... Thats what they are. Official.
    I did cross the start finish line in second place however something happened that made the officials put me in 1st place. I am not sure what happened. It was either a mistake or intentional and no one protested the provisional results (we were all packing up) within the 30 minutes required so they became final results. A little poetic justice for a unsportsmanlike ITS driver (70) and a little bit of a kamakazi dive in last turn from the person who did cross the start finish line first in ITB.
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

Official results showed the official winner.... Thats what they are. Official.
    I did cross the start finish line in second place however something happened that made the officials put me in 1st place. I am not sure what happened. It was either a mistake or intentional and no one protested the provisional results (we were all packing up) within the 30 minutes required so they became final results. A little poetic justice for a unsportsmanlike ITS driver (70) and a little bit of a kamakazi dive in last turn from the person who did cross the start finish line first in ITB.
    [/b]
    Being in the race I did not see this event. What happened?
    Jeremy Billiel

A little poetic justice for a unsportsmanlike ITS driver (70) and a little bit of a kamakazi dive in last turn from the person who did cross the start finish line first in ITB.
    [/b]
    Beran, I don't know you personally and I have a lot of respect for your driving, but if there's one guy on this planet who is NOT unsportsmanlike it is Brian Bagnall, driver of ITS 70. I didn't witness the incident that upset you, but I guarantee you a lack of sportsmanship on Brian's part was NOT the root cause.

Steve U
    05 ITS
    Flatout Motorsports

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

A great weekend with the Lisa Gardner team! Our sponsor was not at the event, so the days were spent juggling car preparation and a very talkative 4 year old.

Saturday's race was a mixed bag. I was between the front pack and the back pack... driving alone most of the time. Great for my Mom who was watching from Turn 3... not too great for racing battles.

Sunday was quite different. The crew scrambled to get the rains on and a panic shock adjustment by the high-strung driver on grid kept the heart rate going.

The rain race was a blast!!! I did find it funny when Dick P. and "others" drove into the chicane during the pace lap... that is until I drove thru turn 10 at speed on the first lap. In hindsight I think Dick was getting a sneak peak into track conditions. He knew about the lake before most of us.

A great safe start and I felt comfortable with an RX7 behind me. That's ok... just an RX7... I'll pull away soon. But I didn't!!! Great driving by Dick P. - his car was handling well. Thankfully you and Eric got into it and I was able to pull away.

But then Geoff was catching up to me. He spent the last part of the race working on closing in on me. I have never concentrated so hard to hit all my marks and not make a mistake.

It was nice to get back into the car again.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

ps- sorry to later run groups, after 3 hours standing in the rain I had had enough
    [/b]

Here is Dick's Secret:

Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

The trophy changing hands!

Nice job Dick!

Mike B
    ITA #29

The trophy changing hands!
    Nice job Dick!
    Mike B
    ITA #29
    [/b]
    Now that is funny! Nice Job Dick!
    Jeremy Billiel

yea joe can keep his little beer stein. :P

A great safe start and I felt comfortable with an RX7 behind me. That's ok... just an RX7... I'll pull away soon. [/b]
    and some people wonder why we think we are in the wrong class.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Glad to hear that you got the RX7 on the track and it held up. I know how many hours you've spent on that darn thing.

Hopefully Gulick will get his car sorted out in time for Mid-O.

Jeff, how much were you underweight? It wasn't literally 2 lbs, was it?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing