Here is another issue that hasn't been touched on: I am REALLY surprised that the local township has approved ANYTHING in terms of additional brick and mortar. I was always under the impression that the local ordinances and 'contracts' had just as much - or more - to do with the lack of development. I have to wonder if Skip has had some of that relaxed...or if he gets run out of town he gets to keep the money.

It would be nice if the Track Manager would pop on and give us a scoop - he did last year didn't he?
[/b]
Thats why the Race Tower is built up on posts with no real enclosed structure at grade. Its in a 100 year flood plain. Thats why its funny when people think they could just sell it and build houses. Its different than the Bridge. I am still very concerened about the tracks future, mostly based on management.

Track Manager is now a she. Georgia Blades who helped run and grow Skip Barber Racing school. Yeah we got the scoop last year from Steve Potter. Notice he was gone really quick. I got a disturbing letter as a local resident about what the track would like to do without the track ever consulting any of the neighbors, even the track friendly ones. Everyone was angered and because most didn't understand Zoning there were many mis-interpretations of what could happen.
So we had Steve Potter ( Saratoga Auto Museum ? ), Garret Mudd ( went on to SCCA Pro and now CART ) , Michael Johnson , and Mike Rand ( still on staff as a consultant ).

All I hear is complaints about the crappy pavement. Have any of you ever raced Bridgehampton ?? Or Nelson ( before the repave ) ?? We all were just happy to be racing at Bridgehampton and there were no facilities and sand everywhere. No paved or grassy parking area's at all. How about those bathrooms at Nelson or the grass that never gets mowed ? Even when they tell me its mowed I couldn't tell.

And I loved racing at Bridgehampton and Nelson no matter what the facilities are like.