Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July 4th Results

Figured I'd post some video too. It's amazing how the footage makes it look like I was going so slow. LOL

Dave's Video - ITB / ITS race
    (9.4 M

There was a point going up the hill where I heard Crazy Joe say "do it Dave, don't be a wuss!". I can't believe I even considered the outside move there! Phew.
    [/b]
    You should have did it ya WUSS. Very cool video. The camera angle and music made it seem almost effortless even though you were breaking your ass driving the wheels off that car. Great job on the cars first race.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

I thought you were just talking about how your racing budget for the year is very thin now and can't afford to do some of other races. So you're going to spend next year's budget on an enclosed trailer and not be able to race as often? That doesn't make much sense. How long does it take you to unload the truck and trailer? Maybe you just need to reorganize things! It takes me 1/2 hour max. to unload everything, including the car. Put your racing supplies in plastic boxes ready to go in the garage. Besides, you already have two enclosed trailers and a canopy - Greg and Joes.
    [/b]
    I probably need to re-organize things as ALL of my stuff is now soaking wet and its ticking me off. Apparently in hard enough rain the bins are not waterproof. My tool chest is also fun of water and rusting all of my tools. Oh Joy!

What type of bins are people using?
    Jeremy Billiel

What type of bins are people using?
    [/b]
    Tupperware. :P
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Figured I'd post some video too. It's amazing how the footage makes it look like I was going so slow. LOL

Dave's Video - ITB / ITS race
    (9.4 M

There was a point going up the hill where I heard Crazy Joe say "do it Dave, don't be a wuss!". I can't believe I even considered the outside move there! Phew.
    [/b]
    Dave - Nice drive!

FYI - It's okay to pass on the grass in the uphill I have grabbed a few positions there in the past, although it's a bit messy. Also, the Opel kills all the "rear wheel drive in the rain" stereotypes, idiosyncrasies and myths (although I'm sticin' with the FWD) - he was totally "hooked up". The video and music were great - you're such a "boner" dude.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Also, the Opel kills all the "rear wheel drive in the rain" stereotypes, idiosyncrasies and myths (although I'm sticin' with the FWD) - he was totally "hooked up".[/b]
    It's really tough to generalize. The Opal was on Dirts, Dave was on Wets. Dave led until the Dirts came up to temp from my vantage point (the uphill). I know that my car was better last year in the wet (grabbed a pole position) when I had my V.3 suspension which was more compliant. The more I change springs to go faster on the dry stuff, the slower my 'wet' setup gets, even with unhooked bars and shocks at full soft.

I will get some Dirts and do some back to back testing and share the data.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

It's really tough to generalize. The Opal was on Dirts, Dave was on Wets. Dave led until the Dirts came up to temp from my vantage point (the uphill). I know that my car was better last year in the wet (grabbed a pole position) when I had my V.3 suspension which was more compliant. The more I change springs to go faster on the dry stuff, the slower my 'wet' setup gets, even with unhooked bars and shocks at full soft.

I will get some Dirts and do some back to back testing and share the data.
    [/b]
    I must be missing the "development boat" - I just throw on the wets and go for it - my only rain adjustment are the rain tires and to have Crazy Joe block for me of course. Even on the "C" car we never soften a thing - just let her rip baby. Maybe I need to learn a thing or two yet

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

I would love to look at the pictures! When will you get a chance to upload them?
    [/b]

Tonight (monday) I hope
    Doug
    NER.org webmaster (retired)
    the16v.com Photography
    briansgarage.com