Thread: MARRS 4

Greeting.
    First of all, our good friend Brad Barnhouse (Black Honda ITA #51) was completely blown away, like a deer in the headlights, when he was singled out at the Saturday drivers' meeting. We got him good. Matthew made (brung) a tasty cake for the Saturday evening celebration. 50 orbits of the sun so far. Such a kid.
    Jason's video proved that a lot goes on, even at the front of the pack! I had another decent start, followed quickly by a pitiful off at turn 5 trying an outside pass with 1 1/2 year old tires. Made a nice square tire on the right front, but managed to gather it up. Didn't give a damn about the tires at that point and tried to save face by duking it out with my fellow MR2 friends, Carlos (#33) & Bill (#20). They didn't make it easy, as I suspected and enjoyed immensely. Nice job, guys!
    Congrats to Matthew, Mark, Brad & Jason. Thanks to all the leaders who passed me cleanly. I'll never hold you up if there's a place to get out of the way.
    AJ
    Art Jaso
    Former 1989 Toyota MR2 #55 ITB
    DC Region SCCA
    DC Region Board of Directors
    Coordinator of Racers Helping Racers Fund
    http://www.racershelpingracers.com/
    PDX/TT Committee Member
    PDX Co-Chief of Grid
    PDX Chief Technical Inspector
    SCCA Pit Marshall
    SCCA Pace Car
    SCCA F & C
    Producer of "Racing Summit Point" Video
    http://vimeo.com/67177646

Thanks AJ. I could have celebrated my 50th birthday any number of ways,but I made the right choice when I decided to spend that time with my racing family. Yea you got me good. I was locked up tight when the SOM asked me to explain what happened on friday. Conviction came over me and I did'nt even do anything wrong. Whew!!! FYI for those that don't know,friday was my birthday. It was really cool to see all those drivers turn and applaud. I'm glad I made them laugh. You guys are the best...
    Brad