Sorry to be so long getting back to this, but this thing called a "day job" intervenes sometimes...

So the consensus both here and on the SM board appears to be Option A - one three-hour Enduro. If you guys are okay with the idea of being sent home (with a $200 refund) if you aren't fast enough to make the show, I believe I can sell that to the ARRC Committee and the workers.

The next question is - how do you want to work the pit stops? Some have said two mandatory stops of a predetermined length, others have said no minimum requirements. Not requiring stops means the results can come out much sooner (no need to audit for the correct number of stops) and it adds the strategy element to the mix. The downside is it makes it more difficult to justify a multi-driver team for a car that could perhaps go the entire time on one tank of fuel and one set of tires. Having a required length for the stops also helps with safety (driver out of the car) and reduces the advantage of high-dollar fueling rigs.

The only things I'm adamant about are (1) a 40-mph speed limit on pit road and (2) the driver must be out of the car when re-fueling. I'm also concerned about somebody installing a 50-gallon fuel cell (or towing a fuel tank trailer ), but maybe there are IT rules that prevent such a thing.

Let me know what works in other places...