***The fast Prod guys seem to have more of a clue about proper racing manners...***

James, manners come real easy when there are not enough competitive (Production cars within a single class) cars to run wheel to wheel in packs as you call it. If you were a spectator only, would you prefer to watch a group of Spec Miats racing wheel to wheel or would you prefer to watch a mix mash of 4 production classes intermingled with the faster classed cars lapping the slower classed cars. < This is not a slap at anyone, it&#39;s a fact of life with SCCA racing.
[/b]
IMHO sports car racing IS " mix mash of 4 production classes intermingled with the faster classed cars lapping the slower classed cars." That is the kind of racing I want to do, not in some cookie cutter car just like the other guys. Put this spectator in front of that and I will find a new way to spend my time. Spec racing is not for me in any way shape or form, be it a spec miata or a Nascar. Give me Audi Vs. Peugeot and Porsche vs Pontiac, Mazda vs Acura, Cadallic vs Chevy any day, put them all on the same track.

(In General)

Dealing with traffic as the passer and the passie is what sports car racing always has been, and should be.
"Manners" come from a guy that has spent years getting his car to the pointy end of the field, he has learned how patentience, the ability of his car, of himself and know what works and what does not. Put a mess of drivers with vary different levels of experence as close together as spec series dictate and you know what is going to happen.

MOST production drivers have been around a while, their cars have been around a while and know their abaility and their cars.