It appears that the SOWDIV 'regional racers' who feel they are being underserved are in reality the 'regional only class racers'. I'm also hearing 'race time' versus just 'track time'.

Here's an idea, but to make it financially viable, it would require regional only guys to show up IN MASS! I mean, like every runnin' regional car in SOWDIV (even the barely running)!

For those not in SOWDIV that read this...would this format entice you to do a longer tow (College Station TX) for a race weekend like this?

Format: Restricted Regional/Restricted Regional (or extended Restricted Regional)
Eligible Groups: IT, SP, SRX7, SM, SRF
Race Groups: TBD, planned 4 (5 max?)
Saturday schedule:
P/Q
Race #1
Race #2
Sunday schedule
Very short P/Q (or warmup, grids from Sat finish...maybe 1 race with reverse grid?)
Race #3
Race #4

Course would be Texas World Speedway 2.9 mile course. Everybody wants to do that one and it's a bit more central for SOWDIV (also means everybody has to drive a ways to get there).

Be aware that adjusted Entry fees would likely be necessary to make the weekend viable and provide incentives to get enuff workers to make the long course would be required.

Regional racers get improved track time and FOUR races on a two day weekend.

(are ya listening LSR?...Greg?)

I'll now don my triple layer nomex skivvies and let all take potshots at me.