Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why only one qualifying sesson?

Our event at Mid-Ohio Aug 11th-12th has plenty of seat time. 2.5 hours worth for the weekend. But to do that we have had to limit the event to 10 classes in 5 race groups. Which is the I.T. classes and SRF, SM, TCC

30 minute qualifying session Sat. morning 25 lap/ 45 minute race sat. afternoon. Fastest lap sets grid for 17 lap/ 30 minute qualifying race Sunday morning. Finishing position sets grid for Sunday afternoon 23 lap/ 45 minute race.

I can't wait!

I agree on maximizing race time and keeping testing on test days....but test days are also a ton easier personally when they're the day before a regional weekend, and a full test day at that to maximize my testing. I've heard the same from fellow racers, especially considering towing time.

That said, what happened to the NHIS test day schedule this year? Is it just me, or were a lot of 2006 test days the day before the regional, and cars all day? I.e. not split with bikes. Looking at the schedule there's no alignment (for the remainder of the season at least), and the majority are only half days. Flog me if this has been discussed before.

Chris

A test day would be great but time is an issue. In Cen Div we have been running 2 P/Q sessions for every race for years. I use that time to check small adjustments in tire pressure and alingment setup. Also it gives an opportunity to heat cycle tires. I have a whole new suspension setup and new tires as well for this weekend at Road America. I wont have an opportunity to make an adjustment and check to see how affective it was prior to the race.

Just whining a little.

#98 Silver Golf. RIP

I loved that car.

Michael

Well Mike, for what it's worth, I think that half or more of the ITB field will be doing some amount of sorting during sessions that count. It sure would have helped me to have a test day available on Friday. I will be breaking in my motor, brake pads and possibly tires during Saturdays qualifying session.

The way the scheduling is this year, it will be harder than I planned to move over to 13" wheels. At this point I will either throw away all but the last lap of my qualifying sessions, or find the time to go to an open track day. My own issue with that is that I burned most of my vacation days with the new baby in Feb/Mar, and most of the days near here are weekdays.

Heck - I may go and do the 1 hour IT race at Autobahn on July 14, and use the race as a tire/brake bedding session.....do 5-10 laps pull in change tires and/or brakes or rotors and get some more sets ready to use. At $150 with a 25min qualify and 60min race, it is a good bang for the buck event for track time, and close to home.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Hey, where is that 1 hour at Autobahn?
    Chadd Landress
    ITS RX-7
    CK~Evolution Racing/Speedsource
    # 58

information is officially available on http://www.scca-chicago.com and
    http://www.dlbracing.com (registration is now open).
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com