Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Lime Rock...

I got in touch with my results. No total time listed on there like on the MyLaps format.

So now we enter the GCR. In both the Black Flag All and Red Flag sections, it says drivers shall proceed directly to the pits after being 'released' by an official. In this case it was the Pace Car who released me. We were then brought down Pit Lane and held there. While not official by any means, my crew guy (who was standing next to the wall telling me what was going on) said they called the race because the 20 minutes was up.

The officals most certainly had the intention of getting us back out there. They even gave us the one minute sign before they told us to shut down in Pit Lane. We COULD have circled the track under double yellow/Pace Car control for the 20 minutes/10+laps for sure...

What is the right thing to do?

What SHOULD the official results said? No positions, no times? I have a feeling T&S and the Chief Steward havn't even thought this would come up. No mention of it not being an official race was passed along. Should it have been?

(on edit: Supps say on black flag cars are to report to 'pit center&#39
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

While not official by any means, my crew guy (who was standing next to the wall telling me what was going on) said they called the race because the 20 minutes was up.
    [/b]
    The decision to checker the race after the red came out was made with about 5 or 6 minutes on the running clock (e.g. the one we kept running, not the one we stopped when the red was called for.)

I must admit, I wondered why the race wasn't restarted after the cleanup. But, it wasn't my call, and not something for me to question. You need to ask the Assistant Chief Steward who was actually running that race why he made that choice.

I will bet that his attention was correctly focused on more important issues at that moment.
    Dave Lyons - TACT is for people not witty enough to be SARCASTIC.
    Latte is French for "You paid too much for your coffee."

I must admit, I wondered why the race wasn't restarted after the cleanup. But, it wasn't my call, and not something for me to question. You need to ask the Assistant Chief Steward who was actually running that race why he made that choice.

I will bet that his attention was correctly focused on more important issues at that moment. [/b]
    Well, if cleanup was complete then the ACS knew that when you did...so the decision was made knowingly to shorten our race. I don't think the cleanup was done as no cars had come off track while we were on pit lane. I think they knew they COULDN'T get it cleaned up in time so they finished us because time was running out.
    Andy Bettencourt

Crazy Joe had them alright... That 3rd place 3 lap race was worth $200 bucks in Hancook bucks!
    [/b]

Were you on the Hankooks buddy? Great drive for 6 minutes or so Joe........I got your next supply of Hankooks ready...

P
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

Were you on the Hankooks buddy? Great drive for 6 minutes or so Joe........I got your next supply of Hankooks ready...

P [/b]
    He was - saw them with my own two eyes...

Andy Bettencourt

P
    [/b]
    Very cool I was going to call you about that this week. Yes as Andy stated I have been running them since day one this year. I also turned my best lap ever at LRP this weekend in qual 1:03.4.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

REMATCH, REMATCH, REMATCH!!!!!

Here's a little more interesting video than Joe's from a few cars back.....Unfortunately it doesn't show how hard Joe and Brad were driving to try in stay ahead of the wolves!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCgUFwBppX4

Man, did I get smoked on the start! I got bottled up behind Reilly in the RX8. But man, I was just waiting for someone to make a mistake!!!

Props to the Doc!! Niiiiiiiiiice!!!!

Glad everyone was OK, thanks for the update Dick.

What's done is done. No sense crying over spilled milk............... Let's go have some fun on the 4th........

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

REMATCH, REMATCH, REMATCH!!!!!
    Here's a little more interesting video than Joe's from a few cars back.....Unfortunately it doesn't show how hard Joe and Brad were driving to try in stay ahead of the wolves!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCgUFwBppX4
    Man, did I get smoked on the start! I got bottled up behind Reilly in the RX8. But man, I was just waiting for someone to make a mistake!!!
    Props to the Doc!! Niiiiiiiiiice!!!!

Glad everyone was OK, thanks for the update Dick.
    What's done is done. No sense crying over spilled milk............... Let's go have some fun on the 4th........
    [/b]
    I was so focused on Rick B's bumper and trying to put a move on him, I almost drove into the wreck - very close - I did miss the flags - my bad. Great video!

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

I just got off the phone with the Lotus driver. He is a very, very lucky guy. If this was a left hand drive car, he probably would not have made it.

He doesn't remember much, was unconscious for a long time. Very sore, has some headaches.....But already thinking about how to get the car fixed.......Typical dumb ass racer.......

I told him to get rid of the British cars.............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Well, if cleanup was complete then the ACS knew that when you did...so the decision was made knowingly to shorten our race. I don't think the cleanup was done as no cars had come off track while we were on pit lane. I think they knew they COULDN'T get it cleaned up in time so they finished us because time was running out.
    [/b]
    normal procedure is to have the wreckers and tilt bed exit the track at west bend, if that will be the fastest way off the track.
    Dave Lyons - TACT is for people not witty enough to be SARCASTIC.
    Latte is French for "You paid too much for your coffee."

normal procedure is to have the wreckers and tilt bed exit the track at west bend, if that will be the fastest way off the track. [/b]
    So they either didn't get it cleaned up in time or they did and didn't allow us to go back out. My information is that the race clock ran out of time.

Excellent news Jeff!
    Andy Bettencourt

Was a nice today to be at Limerick. I checked out a bunch of cars collecting ideas. I saw the poster of the Palmer track, looks nice!. I saw Flatout get jump started on false grid....someone shouted "a kink the in armor Andy?"...Not really I supposed as by the Red Flag he had a comfortable gap.

That Lotus started from pit lane. He entered the false grid during the warm up lap. As he pasted from false grid into pit lane, he waved to the workers. The women whom bring the cars off false grid mentioned what a nice guy he is as he made is way down the pit lane. I am glad to hear that he is doing well. His result could have been much worse. I saw the car while it was in the tech area. The cage was fairly distorted. Good thing he was on the right side or he would have received a blow to the rib cage from the horizontal bar. It looked like it moved about 12" at its worst. Fortunate that he was not upside down as the vertical hoop did not look substantial. Glad the driver will heal, not sure about the car though. Under the hood showed lots of stress in the welds.

I understand that the State Police do an investigation. Does the SCCA do an investigation and review of the performance of the safety features of the car and issue a report?
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Not a report per se' that I am aware of, but, the car is towed to impound, and the tech inspectors go over it and inspect it for damage. Damage is noted in the logbook, and the car will require reinspection before it is allowed to take to the track again.

I observed part of the inpsection process, and there was a ripple in the drivetrain tunnel, but other than that, the driver compartment seemed intact. It felt alot better to have heard his condition was goood when looking at the car.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Seems like an opportunity for the inspectors to add to a database of cage and saftey equipment performance for future refinements.

Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Was anyone there taking pictures?

I still haven't seen anything on mylaps.com
    Jeremy Billiel

In the uphill I was using 4th gear, but its doooogs... [/b]
    Just watched some of your video. 4th gear will be fine once you get more comfortable with going into the uphill. I also noticed you lift several times preceeding no name. I did like how you were aware of other cars beside you. I'll do my best to chase you down on the 4th if my car is survives tomorrows test day.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Kip Moncrief, send me an e-mail:

jlawton at echn.org
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Hello,
    My Name is Christopher (KIP) Moncrief. I am the driver of the Silver Honda CRX that was involved in Saturday’s accident.
    I would like to apologize deeply for my actions over the weekend. I didn’t see the yellow until I was on top of the incident which was my first mistake. I looked for a place to go and saw the corner worker already attending to the Lotus driver on the inside of the track and that is when I locked it up and spun to the left side of the miata. Seeing as multiple cars had made it through this corner without adding to the incident my late entry has no excuse but poor judgment as was stated earlier. Please except my honest apology for the incident.
    I am new to this group and I would like you all to feel comfortable racing with me. I made a big mistake and you can be sure that I have been replaying this chain of events over in my head for the past couple of days and all I can say is that I am thankful that every one is ok. I will be back on the 4th to gain more experience and prove to you all that I can race in this group.
    Thank you for your time,

Kip Moncrief
    221 South Main st.
    Suffield, Ct 06078

Kip, you are a stand up guy. I apreciate the apology and more importantly your willingness to learn from the incident.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Thats a heck of a first post! I second Dicks comments.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com