Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lime Rock...

Damn, I wanted to get that car! My motor seems to be toast...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Man this sucks.... It's only 2PM on Friday. I am nervous as hell and anxious as hell. I have not raced in almost a year and I am looking forward to tomorrow, but also nervous at the same time.

Why do we race again? :P

Jeremy - Who won't sleep at all tonight...
    Jeremy Billiel

That's exactly what I've been asking myself the last several nights working on my Prelude. I keep thinking, at least I'm not Grant whose also working on MY racecar. LOL!!!

I'll all be worth it tomorrow for you Jeremy. Hopefully for me on Tuesday.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Interesting ITA race.... I think it was going to turn into a barn burner.......Especially with Andy losing a spark plug wire and only running on three cylinders........

Anybody know the condition of the "7" driver???

Can anybody give a good account of what happened???

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

The last thing I heard before I left was the lotus 7 driver was released and on his way back to the track.
    The FP lotus started at the back and had passed a couple of cars. As he entered 5 the left rear axle sheared and the wheel fell off. He spun In the middle of the track and was hit in the left door by the white Miata. The Miata really had nowhere to go. The Miata really climbed all over the little lotus. Fortunately the lotus is (was) right hand drive. The blue Miata made it around on the left and the Rx7 tried to do the same but the wreck beat the rx7 to the hole and the rx7 just tapped the white Miata. No damage to the RX7 and he was able to find reverse and continue.
    As this was at the rear of the pack, early in the race the workers had a little time to respond. When the pack came back around there was a highly visible waving yellow at 5 and the leaders did a great job of making it thru the carnage. 20 cars or so made it through the incident with no problem however the idiot in the silver Honda spun into the incident under the waving yellow. It was not a hard hit, the Honda was flat towed in, and I am told that he did not contribute to any injuries but I was highly disappointed in this guy’s judgment.
    At this point the Red flag came out.
    On a lighter not I am told that a letter has been sent to Topeka suggesting all cars be converted to Right Hand Drive as we now have anecdotal evidence that it is safer.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

After video review of the play............................
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

The Lotus started in 8th, not exactly in the back.
    [/b]
    Hmm I thought he started at the rear, if I am mistaken I am sorry

Accident happened in turn 4, the right hander.
    [/b]
    station 4 is the left hander, station 5, where this happened is the right hander leading on to no name

The white Miata, who incidentally, had a great start, spun trying to avoid the carnage. Viglioti, just in front of me, in his blue Honda, and I snuck thru just as the carnage was taking place.
    [/b]
    hmm that is inconsistent with the vidio from the rx7, not that it is a real big deal. I place no blame on the white Miata who contacted the lotus, he did the best he could. there was one blue car, a miata i think that passed the rx7 in the left hander that squezed thru and the the rx7 got cought up in it. I can not say who got thru after that but I thought Dom was well ahead of the incident.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Well I have no input on the incident what so ever but, here is a short video of th eshortest race ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7CNJxmslCA
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Where do I start?

Saturday was an up and down day for me. I have not driven LRP in 3 years and have a lot of new parts on the car. Needless to say I was absolutely horrendous in qualifying! The car was pushing very badly and I needed to loosen it up big time.

After the qual session I was pretty mad with myself....

The race came and so did the threat of rain, which made me nervious as I do not currently have rain tires. The pressure just kept adding up.... The race came and went and for the most part it was uninventful. I had fun racing some ITB and ITS cars, but I was most happy with getting my lap times down 3 seconds from Qual.

Overall a good stepping stone for July 4th race back at LRP.

A couple of funny things over the weekend.

1. I had 3 individuals, who are on this message board, come to me and say man you get beat up a lot on the boards. I noticed your name right away! LOL

2. I did not even come close to my lap time predictions, so its time to check my ego at the door.

3. I am WAY too polite on the track. I mean, watching my incar video and I am way too easy.

Anyone want a good laugh? I am going to upload my video on youtube for all to giggle.

Oh and to add insult to injury, I showed the video to my wife and even she was laughing. Her comment was "You suck in the uphill"
    Jeremy Billiel

A couple of funny things over the weekend.

1. I had 3 individuals who are on this message board, come to me and say man you get beat up a lot on the boards. I noticed you name right away! LOL

2. I did not even come close to my lap time predictions, so its time to check my ego at the door.

3. I am WAY too polite on the track. I mean, watching my incar video and I way too easy.

Anyone want a good laugh? I am going to upload my video on youtube for all to giggle.
    [/b]
    1. It wouldn't be any fun not to beat you up on the forum.

2. Ego checked.

3. Haven't seen the video but, looked pretty good hangin tough on the outside of big bend.

I am already laughin after looking at the DL1 data. :P Seriosly you ran right around where I though you would. I would say that is pretty good for not running LRP for 3 years. As everyone knows to be fast at that bitch of a track you have to be there all the time and have BAWLS the size of grapefruits.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]

The lotus started from DFL, he couldnt get his car started so he never filled the eight position. Why was he in the ITA group?

Well I have no input on the incident what so ever but, here is a short video of th eshortest race ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7CNJxmslCA
    [/b]
    Joe - I had a good run going on Richie at the start - thought he hit the NOS button after start finish - it was you my brother- Thanks Buddy!

Crazy Joe is back and he's strong - we should all keep and eye on him. Sorry we couldn't all finish what we started - congrats to the Andy, Richie and Joe - short run but you earned it. Glad to here everyone else is okay.

Rick B. - Sorry for the bump exiting the esses - totally focused on your bumper - missed the flags - my bad -Sorry.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

The lotus started from DFL, he couldnt get his car started so he never filled the eight position. Why was he in the ITA group?
    [/b]
    the race group was ITA, T3, F Prod and G prod. there is not enough small prod cars to fill a race group.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Anyone have more information on the driver of the lotus 7? I was the driver of the white Miata who hit him and can say it was frightening to realize how vulnerable he looked sitting in that car when I knew I was going to hit him.

I saw him spin and had quickly slowed and judged the evasive move to avoid him when someone hit me hard in the rear and launched me into him. I did feel the front of the car come up and had visions of having gone up on top if him.

I was quite shocked and surprised that with a saftey worker attending the Lotus 7 driver (who was obviously out cold) that race control did not have a double yellow out, and even more surprised to getting hit again as I was sitting in the car waiting for it to be safe to unbuckle. That corner worker could have been seriously injured trying to attend to and get medical assistance to the accident scene.

I now have a real appreciation for all the lectures and instruction on staying buclked up until instructed to get out of the car.
    Jim Alley
    1990 ITA Miata

Its all about doing your personal Best

Joe - I had a good run going on Richie at the start - thought he hit the NOS button after start finish - it was you my brother- Thanks Buddy!

[/b]
    As in the famous words of Mr. Richie Hunter "Don't be Hatin Mon" If you would have been in front of me you know you could have expected the same help in the HP department.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]

Anyone have more information on the driver of the lotus 7? I was the driver of the white Miata who hit him and can say it was frightening to realize how vulnerable he looked sitting in that car when I knew I was going to hit him.

I saw him spin and had quickly slowed and judged the evasive move to avoid him when someone hit me hard in the rear and launched me into him. I did feel the front of the car come up and had visions of having gone up on top if him.

I was quite shocked and surprised that with a saftey worker attending the Lotus 7 driver (who was obviously out cold) that race control did not have a double yellow out, and even more surprised to getting hit again as I was sitting in the car waiting for it to be safe to unbuckle. That corner worker could have been seriously injured trying to attend to and get medical assistance to the accident scene.

I now have a real appreciation for all the lectures and instruction on staying buclked up until instructed to get out of the car.
    [/b]
    In case you missed Jim, the Chief Steward announced at the end that the lotus drive was on his way back to the track from the hospital. That was really great news. I don’t know if you saw Lou’s video but he was directly behind you at the point of impact at it was amazing how high the nose of your car got. This was not your fault.
    As for a full course yellow vs. a the waving yellows that were up the entire field minus one Honda driver found that to be sufficient warning. The flags were very visible.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

"As for a full course yellow vs. a the waving yellows that were up the entire field minus one Honda driver found that to be sufficient warning. The flags were very visible."[/b]
    I hope I don't sound critical, because I am not. The corner worker had been at the drivers side for a good 30 to 40 seconds when the second incident occured, I was very concerned for his safety. I am sure you realize that 30 to 45 seconds seemed alot longer sitting in the car.

It is no fun loosing a new car (or any car for that matter), but the fact that everyone is OK is much more important.

Were do I find Lou,s video?
    Jim Alley
    1990 ITA Miata

Its all about doing your personal Best

Were do I find Lou,s video?
    [/b]
    it is not on the web, I watched it thru his viewfinder.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Glad to hear all involved are OK.

So, who finished where?

The silver Honda showed very poor judgement, as I watched it all from the hill. (In hindsight, I guess I'm actually glad my motor chose Tuesday to blow, as this race wasn't much fun, LOL) Glad the driver is OK. One one hand, thankfully the car was British, and RHD, on the other, if the darn thing wasn't British, maybe the wheel would have stayed attached!

On an interesting sidenote, if I am speculating correctly, Mr Bettencourts car didn't start in grid without a bump start. And if he has no fan on the car, he could not leave it idling during the black flag all in the pits. IF the race had restarted, there was a chance he might not have been able to rejoin without outside assistance, which means that....Richie would have won.

But, the race was never restarted, so that bullet was dodged.

This is all speculation, as I don't know if he has a fan or not, and if the no start condition fixed itself when running.

Joe made some strong moves, esp on the start. And a tip of the hat to Dr Bro, who really stepped up and got into the 4s. Nice job!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com