Thread: Accusump

Anybody using one? Pics of your installation?

I have a 3 qt showing up this Wed and do not know how I am going to plumb it. I was buying something else and decided why not, sure I could use an Accusump, sounds like a good idea.

I've already got braided lines to my cooler. My limited knowledge says tee into the return line, which is the line on side of the stock cooler and rear of the motor and add a one way check valve (return line - valve - tee - motor). Whats the best place to plumb up an Accusump on the 13b?

Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

All the information is on Accusump's web site.

I have read over the entire Accusump site. I've also read all the posts on this site on the topic, prod forums and some others. I have yet to find a specific answer on the best place to plumb it on a 13b. Doesn't look like many IT cars run one, also somewhat of a like it or hate it device. My purpose is for pre-oil and security. I don't have any pressure problems. I'm going to plumb mine with a check valve and tee into the oil cooler return line unless someone chimes in with a better solution.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Sounds like you have the right idea. Do not send the accusump oil through the cooler as it will take too long to refill the system incase of a pressure loss. Some people use a one way valve, some don't. The oil pump will act as a one way valve I'm told. But what about an oil pump with more air than oil? Use a one way valve just in case. I've used accusump's since they were introduced in the 60's with never a single problem to date. I place mine in the floor board where the pass seat once was. Make sure you place it pointing in the right direction, so when you slam the brakes on, the oil will not run away from the outlet. Just my two cents worth.