Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barber Registration open

[attachmentid=976]Hey everyone,

..... Registration is now open for the race at Barber Motorsports Park.

.... Click Here: http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx

.... It will be my first time there, and my BMW and I are getting better together every time out.

.... Hope to see you there

.... Rick Thompson / ITR 98 BMW Z3

Rick, I'm going, probably leaving Thursday to run some of the test day. Call me, we can caravan if you want. It is a LONG, LONG way but a GREAT track.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Oh dear god...............watch out everyone. I am going to get into the car and ATTEMPT to do that driving thing again. It's hard to believe it's been over a year since I last sat in the car. I apologize to everyone in advance for whatever stupid driving I do do. Now, the the skinny pedal on the right is the go pedal, right????
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Where you been Tristan? The weather's been pretty tame. It's been lonely being the only 240SX running. See you at Barber.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Been stuck in a home renovation from hell. 9 months without a kitchen, three months in the dead of winter with no heat...........ect. ect. Someday it will be done.....but then again I may be dead by then. But I like Barber, so it is worth the financial hardship of trying to race and pay for everything else.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Woohoo! The red, white and blue SX back in action. This means beers after racing though.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

[attachmentid=983]
    Rick, I'm going, probably leaving Thursday to run some of the test day. Call me, we can caravan if you want. It is a LONG, LONG way but a GREAT track.
    [/b]

Jeff ,

...... Sounds like a plan. Sure wish I could ride with you in that new Dodge pick-up.

...... I plan on leaving Thursday morning. So far I think we have four other drivers leaving at the same time.

...... Well Boyz ...........Looks like we are going to have us a convoy............LOL

"Icky"?????

I know...IT R...icky.

Looks great Ricky, have fun ...how many first place trophies so far?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

[attachmentid=985]
    "Icky"?????

I know...IT R...icky.

Looks great Ricky, have fun ...how many first place trophies so far?
    [/b]
    Jake,

.... So far I'm batting a 1000. Four wins, no losses.

.... Two were uncontested so all I had to do was place....... good thing, my computer was not thinking properly and I was running on "limp mode" .... got that fixed

.... Next two I had one other competitor (an E36) and managed to hold him off for two more.

.... I have some work to do , but , I'll get it figured out by next season.

.... Along with some serious jingle... lol

.... Rick Thompson / ITR 98 BMW Z3

I'm in. Said last time I doubted that I'd ever make the race again due to the intense heat and the hard time I had learning the course...but what the hell! If the course is hard to learn, then I'm not trying hard enough to learn it, right? Besides, it's a huge event that can't be missed. I just hope that the guy(s) in charge of the race party on Saturday realize that this is a huge event and plan the food accordingly. If it's not too much too ask, could the weather steward provide a little breeze and perhaps a partly cloudy sky to help out. I'm old and I've been very sick lately.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Sounds good Rick. I will be leaving around the same time I think, or at least that is the present plan.

Your BMW should love Barber, it is a up and down, short straight torquey track. A bit hard on brakes though.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

A bit hard on brakes though. [/b]

LOL.....and from your eyes, what track isn't?? Nice job starting the brake slug fest up in rules and regs! At least it got the SM in ITA thing down the list. But I STILL got dragged thru the mud! Sheesh!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Well, the part where I go from the paddock to the grid isn't TOO hard on the brakes on my car......

Yeah, the brake thing got silly. About 95% of the guys posting on there gave me helpful informatoin and good thoughts......a couple others just flew off the handle.

Anyway, I accomplished what I wanted which was to hear a bunch of different viewpoints on some potential solutions to my issues. All in all, for me, a good helpful thread once I just ignored the name callers.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hope to see you guys at Barber. My plans for now are to work a corner and hang out with IT cars in the paddock. Safe travels to you all! For once, I only have a two hour drive to the track
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Wonder if the troll from Florida will be there racing or parading at the gates carrying a protest sign.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Just so everyone knows my perspective here, this may be best racetrack within 1000 miles of me. Now, I do not want to start a storm here, I know the effort to get us back on that course has been ENORMOUS, so I don't want to discourage all of those people whose hard work made this event a reality again, BUT.......

Did anybody notice the cancellation fee and time line? Has there ever been an SCCA club event with this draconian of a cancellation policy? I don't know about you guys, but for me, this is a hobby, and anything from a broken tow vehicle to a sick kid could keep me home that weekend. This seems a bit much for me.

Anybody know what the story is here? I hate the thought of missing this one........someone fill me in.
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

I don't think troll season ever closes in Alabama so I doubt it. Any advice on a good motel to stay at? Close to the track would be a plus.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I understand, when roasted over an open flame, troll tastes just like chicken!

Good motel is Days Inn, Leeds, Al. 205-699-9833...$75/night...king or double.

Stayed there last, and only, time I ran there. It's just down the road on I20 from the road leading to the track...about a ten minute drive. Restaurants, fuel, etc. are all close and the price is cheaper than the hotel close to the track. Can't remember the name of that one, but I believe it was "Hotel Big Bucks".
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Steve, I drove another 10 miles towards B-ham and there was a lot of stuff. NOt far from the track.

Eddie, what was the cancellation policy? I didn't catch that one.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

To my surprise the Days Inn still has at least 1 room for $63.75 + taxes and fees.

I booked one at the Delux Inn in B'ham about 15 miles from the track exit. OK for $50. 205-956-4440

I hope we get more actual track time on the test day this year.

Refunds after 6/22 will be light by $100. <_<

Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis