Thread: Ok give to me straight I can take it

I need to know if anyone knows of a company that sells a 4 lug 15 inch rim that will fit my 1980 stang the spacing is 4X4.25
    Kevin Beck
    StangIT Racing
    Claremore, OK

CIRCLE has a 14lbs steel wheel.

I need to know if anyone knows of a company that sells a 4 lug 15 inch rim that will fit my 1980 stang the spacing is 4X4.25
    [/b]
    That is also known as 4X108. You'll need to know the offset and centerbore, I think you're at +10 and 63.5 now but you need to check that centerbore.

Looks like here as well.

Diamond Racing Wheels
    Tom Sprecher

I'VE been told that all Diamond wheels come with 5/8" dia lug hole, since their made for mini-stocks. Circle wheels can be ordered with 1/2" dia lug holes. 5/8" dia holes also require 1" lug nuts.

What web site would circle be

to be more specific what wheel is 14 lbs that is 15 inch and 4X4.25 thanks for the info

to be more specific what wheel is 14 lbs that is 15 inch and 4X4.25 thanks for the info
    [/b]
    If you are living on the edge, your taking up to much room

If you aren't living on the edge, your taking up to much room
    [/b]
    Kevin Beck
    StangIT Racing
    Claremore, OK

I'VE been told that all Diamond wheels come with 5/8" dia lug hole, since their made for mini-stocks. Circle wheels can be ordered with 1/2" dia lug holes. 5/8" dia holes also require 1" lug nuts.
    [/b]
    At the bottom of the page I linked to they state that 4 lug wheels are drilled to 9/16" for use with 1/2" lugs. Both will still use a 1" lugnut which is great because that is the size everyone sells for speed sockets like NASCAR uses. It's a great tool that I highly recommend. One of those on a 1/2" impact and you can play just like the big boys.

Tom Sprecher

Be careful...these wheels might be for front drive cars, and have the wrong off (in)set.

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

I know that is a problem, I thought I was on to something with the Focus Wheels, same bolt pattern but guess what FWD and I don't think the offset would work and there may be a clearance problem with the back drum brakes.

If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much room
    Kevin Beck
    StangIT Racing
    Claremore, OK

Three words

big ass spacers

Too much offset can be overcome, too little is the tough one.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

A friend in Florida who raced ITB Mustang, used spacers on a stock Ford FWD 15X6 wheel. He had them made up at a machine shop with no trouble, and raced with them for a few years. No secrets...just more weight with the original production wheels. He also had difficulty finding an aftermarket 15X6, or 14X6 RWD wheel, other than the usual Mini stock style steel. He wanted a 15 to compliment the style of the car for his sponsors.

One thought...a light weight Mustang wheel does exist...but only in a 13X6 steel at about 12 to 13 pounds per, at what ever offset you want at less than $60 each. The overall tire diameter does not suffer much, due to the aspect difference between the available tires in those sizes. The 13 in. tire is actually lighter, slightly smaller in diameter, and fits on a much lighter wheel...and was cheaper than the 14 or 15 when I priced them 3 years ago. I actually bought the wheels to use after I found that they fit the brakes on my car.

I sold the car shortly after, and didn't get them mounted.

Good racing.

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

Ok explain the aspect ratio, in laymans terms, seems to me going to a 13 will throw Ratio off or if I get a bigger tire will the sidewall flew making it not very desirable. I am just asking I appreciate your help, the info you guys are giving me helps make my desicions, I had thought about a 13 inch wheel but I have 14 and they are the old capri type, and they are small, I got two inchs of clearance at the outer fender rim.
    Kevin Beck
    StangIT Racing
    Claremore, OK

Aspect Ratio is the relationship of the height of the sidewall to the width of the tire at the sidewall. Explained at this site:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=7

It is usually rounded and expressed in whole numbers that should be considered as percentage;

eg: 60 aspect is height that is (approximately) 60% of the width of the sidewall.

Hope this helps.

Good racing.

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

I had circle make up a set of aluminium rims for our mustang. 13 pounds, any offset you want. I called them directly, they were great to deal with and have been very stong, don't ask me why I know. I think they were $200 to $250 a piece. look on there web site.

Oh yeah they were 15" rims
    Ron
    Atlanta
    ITB Mustang

Of all the places I looked for wheels the most obvious was under my nose and I just didn't think, if you ever want a lite weight wheel that won't break the bank, that will fit older Mustangs,Mazada, Volvo etc. Centerline racing Made in the USA
    Kevin Beck
    StangIT Racing
    Claremore, OK

Kevin,

I saw what you wrote, and I wondered what sizes and prices you found. Could you just give me the style/number reference to those wheels? I still have my hand in a Mustang IT that I work on for a friend, and also may be driving this year.

Thanks,

Bill
    Bill Frieder
    MGP Racing
    Buffalo, New York

Go to Centerline.com click the four lug link and go to town they have a lot of styles and prices to chose from so it is more of a personal perk. they have some overstocks for $95 that are 11lb wheels. I know the next question is will they stand up to road racing, Well they have been around a lot of years and they look good solid rims, no two piece,but that is just my thoughts.
    Kevin Beck
    StangIT Racing
    Claremore, OK