Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MARRS at Nelson Ledges

I am thoroughly embarassed that my region is charging for crew,worker dinners. I was'nt aware of that. I wish I was wealthy enough to provide this party for you all. My region is. Please be prepared for this so that none of your crew go without. I have had pig roast dinners, brat bashes, cajun chicken, roast beef, and steak,and I never had to pay. My apologies. Any frustrations should be directed to Bill Pintarik R.E.
    Brad
    PS. Matt,Gregg,Ryan, we will go to the Cafe Capri for dinner.
    [/b]

i think each entry get two tickets to the dinner. some of us may have extra...

That is correct. Read the info on Kryderacing site to be sure your people are taken care of. It says no ticket-no dinner. I don't want to see anybody have a bad experience.
    Brad

Angry

I don't want to see anybody have a bad experience.[/b]
    Does that mean that I can't wear my grass skirt and coconut bra "au nauturel"? BTW - should I bring a generator?

Haz-Matt Racing

Hi all, it's been about 7 years since I raced at Nelson. Do I still need to bring a lawn mower, or do they cut the grass in the paddock? Looking forward to this, I love that track! I'm thinking the spec 7 track record's gonna fall hard this time! -Al G.

Angry

When I was at Nelson last year for the 12-Hour, the place was actually quite pleasant. The grass was nicely mowed, their flush toilets functioned and overall the paddock was nicer than the back-paddock at Slummit Point except that Nelson doesn't have electricity.

That having been said, I can try to accommodate my riding mower and weed-wacker if necessary. Heck, if all else fails, we can have lawn-mower races on Saturday night
    Haz-Matt Racing

When I was at Nelson last year for the 12-Hour, the place was actually quite pleasant. The grass was nicely mowed, their flush toilets functioned and overall the paddock was nicer than the back-paddock at Slummit Point except that Nelson doesn't have electricity.

That having been said, I can try to accommodate my riding mower and weed-wacker if necessary. Heck, if all else fails, we can have lawn-mower races on Saturday night
    [/b]
    You can leave your "implements of destruction" at home. Might want to bring canopy for Sun protection. TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

That wont be a problem for matt, I am sure he has a canopy or 3 tucked away in the trailer.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Does that mean that I can't wear my grass skirt and coconut bra "au nauturel"? BTW - should I bring a generator?
    [/b]
    sure, 100kw should cover all of us in the paddock quite nicely! i will bring lots of extension cords....

when is everyone heading up? we have a convoy departing the dc area at 0930 on thursday.

Sadly for me, I can't head over until Friday afternoon due to work commitments. I'm sitting in a hotel in Jax, Fla all week trying to learn the track from YouTube!
    MARRS ITB BMW 2002 #2
    O=00=O

Sadly for me, I can't head over until Friday afternoon due to work commitments. I'm sitting in a hotel in Jax, Fla all week trying to learn the track from YouTube! [/b]

2 things to remember, 1. get as much exit speed as possible exiting the carsoual and 2. don't over drive turn 13.

Angry

when is everyone heading up? we have a convoy departing the dc area at 0930 on thursday.[/b]
    I'm not leaving until Friday morning - sadly I have neither the time nor the funds to run any "practice" days.

If anyone is leaving from the Winchester or Hagerstown area, drop me an email - a caravan is a good way to ensure that everyone arrives safely AND (in my case) that all the drivers remain awake during the tow.
    Haz-Matt Racing

Sadly for me, I can't head over until Friday afternoon due to work commitments. I'm sitting in a hotel in Jax, Fla all week trying to learn the track from YouTube!
    [/b]
    checking out the lame miata and vette incar stuff?

anybody find anything better?

Afternoon guys,
    a google video search turned this up...
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...earch&plindex=2
    it's from a BMWCCA car last year.
    The video quality is not the greatest, but it's better than I get with my camera.

It looks like we are going to have a really big turnout for us, over 190 right now.
    See everyone out there
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what were doing!
    ITA 240SX #76

Afternoon guys,
    a google video search turned this up...
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...earch&plindex=2
    it's from a BMWCCA car last year.
    The video quality is not the greatest, but it's better than I get with my camera.

It looks like we are going to have a really big turnout for us, over 190 right now.
    See everyone out there
    [/b]
    Thanks for that link!

Much better than the "lame Miata and vette incar stuff" I've been checking out

Dan, thanks for the advice also.

See everyone there, Safe travels!
    MARRS ITB BMW 2002 #2
    O=00=O

yes, thanks!

much better...

well, got here at 4:30, one of the first...with our convoy of 7 cars. never been here before and i gotta say this place is quaint. looks like at time warp back to a sports car track from 1955. a picture taken in black and white of the sign out front in would fit perfectly in one of the sports car mags "ghost tracks" articles...

it was a riot in the paddock...we were all in summit point mode...compress space, hide trailers, park cars real close together....then we looked out at the expanse of empty pasture that is the paddock and laughed. where paddock spaces are 20ft by 40ft at summit, they could be 20x40 YARDS here!

we even got to drive the track slowly in tow vehicles to check it out. can't do that at summit or vir!

this is gonna be fun!

We didn't get to the track until almost 8PM Friday. When we crossed from registration and saw the crowded paddock ahead of us we made a right, pretty much in the area of the kink on the back straight. We could have played a football game out there, we had so much room! You're right about that, Marshall; totally different from Summit, pretty dusty though. All in all, it's a great track layout and I had a great weekend. Nice people too.
    MARRS ITB BMW 2002 #2
    O=00=O

Thats funny. I set up under a tree by the bridge,nice shade no traffic kickin up dust. Doug Kinser, and Matt Yip arrive and set up on either side of us. They built right on top of me. They actually tied our canopies together. You've got the whole forty acre wood out there. I had to park my trailer two spots down because they squeezed me in. Thats OK though, we had a blast. I have'nt seen that many cars at Nelson Ledges for a long time. The Nationals don't get that many. It was great to see the MARRS people there. I'm glad we had them on grid during our red flag deal. They did a great job. Thanks to all that made this happen.
    Brad

Thats funny. I set up under a tree by the bridge,nice shade no traffic kickin up dust. Doug Kinser, and Matt Yip arrive and set up on either side of us. They built right on top of me. They actually tied our canopies together. You've got the whole forty acre wood out there. I had to park my trailer two spots down because they squeezed me in. Thats OK though, we had a blast. I have'nt seen that many cars at Nelson Ledges for a long time. The Nationals don't get that many. It was great to see the MARRS people there. I'm glad we had them on grid during our red flag deal. They did a great job. Thanks to all that made this happen.
    Brad
    [/b]
    that red flag deal was scary. that bridge deal is scary..either driving under it or walking over it. 3-4 cars destroyed in one incident. i never heard how the drivers faired, hope they were alright. the damage to the cars from the incident was horrible.

and then there was the srx7 weenie roast in the pits. driver got out fine, but the car sat there fully engulfed in flames for about 10 minutes before ev got there with a fire truck. yikes.

and then there was the, ah, unique approach to towing a heavily damaged car (sam's itr bmw) by using two tow trucks since they had no tilt bed....

and then there was the, ah, unique approach to towing a heavily damaged car (sam's itr bmw) by using two tow trucks since they had no tilt bed....
    [/b]
    Did it look like this?

Sounds like most had a good time!
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep