Thread: seat

[font=Arial]Which seat do you 2gen drivers find best for fitment &comfort

This is honestly a matter of personal preference. You want a seat that is snug, yet comfortable. I currently have an FIA rated MOMO seat. Many racers prefer the aluminum shell offerings from Kirkey, Ultrashield, etc. The road race versions from those guys are much more comfortable than they look. The best advice I can offer is to go to the track and ask to sit in different peoples race cars. After the puzzled looks, explain that you are trying on some seats before buying one, and most everyone will be happy to help.

Jim
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

NASA has a new head restraint rule. SCCA probably isn't to far away. Just something to consider when buying your seat

15.17.9 Head Restraint – Side Impact
    As of July 1st, 2007 it is required that all drivers employ a right-side impact head restraint
    system. A seat with a “bolster” to keep the head from moving to the right side in an
    impact is acceptable. A side-impact head-net restraint system, such as the Racetech
    RTViperRP is also acceptable. Note- all side-impact head-net restraint systems must
    have a quick-release mechanism to aid the driver in case of a necessary egress via the
    passenger side.

Thanks guys just ordered a corbeau forza the car only runs solo2 f p and time trials I had a sparco for the last 5 years but it started to fall apart