Larry, I don't know how much information I can give you about an IT prep engine for the supra, but I can tell you what I did. I had an engine out of a parts car and I took it to a local machine shop and had them do only what was needed for a stock rebuild.

They went 0.020 over on pistons, put in all new bearings, make sure you get the higher comp ratio pistons (9.2). I didn't have them remove any extra from the head to raise comp 0.5, I think you could do it, but it doesn't look like you could machine a whole lot off the head without getting into the valve seats. They re-cut the valve seats and I think they put in new valve springs. The crank didn't need to be machined because it was still in spec. That's about it.

The things that seemed to really help the engine were the jacob's ice pack ignition, using the stock cam gears to get the best cam timing, the header that was modified at the collector for 2.5" exhaust, a mandrel bent intake pipe, k&n filter, and fuel pressure regulator. I had to use header tape, make a heat shield between the header and the intake, put on a remote oil filter and insulate the oil lines plus put in an aluminum radiator and seal up the bumper to make sure all the air goes through the radiator to keep it cool.

I hope that helps get you started in the right direction.