Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very Cool SCCA Press Release!!!

Jakester, That is an interesting idea and one that was pitched to a couple of regions (SFR & OR) by a former RE. Nothing became of it yet. Maybe you'd be willing to send a quick e-mail to your region with this idea?

The New England Region becomes the first (that I am aware of at least) of hopefully many regions to begin retailing this guide. NER Site

For other regions that do not actively sell merchandise, this is an excellent route. South NJ

I received an updated list of region contacts - time for me to begin making some calls. Next time you guys/gals speak with someone in your region, I'd really appreciate you mentioning one of these two possibilites with them (retailing or some info. / link to the National Office's marketing partner). 45% of the proceeds go to the SCCA.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I just finished the book! Good job Dave, it's interesting to read another persons perspective on racing - I don't know how you do things so inexpensive. As an added bonus, my copy arrived personalized, thanks!
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

I just finished the book! Good job Dave, it's interesting to read another persons perspective on racing - I don't know how you do things so inexpensive. As an added bonus, my copy arrived personalized, thanks!

[/b]

We're from the East Coast, grew up learning to barter!!! Paid net $25 for my first SET of race tires, $150 - shipped - for the second set (did I mention it included a SPARE??)
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Thanks Mark, I appreciate that. Unfortunately it's now how I did things so inexpensively. I'm now in that "Moving On" section which I did say adds up very quickly.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave,

I got my copy in the mail today and appreciated the personalized note inside. I ordered it off your site with the old cover hoping you would get more out of the order. I know the editor for the CNY Region newsletter and I suggested that he includes some info about the book in there as well. I also sent him a link to this thread so he will have your contact info.

Thanks agian,

Shawn Fohs
    ITB #10
    84 ITB GTI