Thread: In the Rain... In the Dark...

Here's a clip of Smarty behind the wheel in the first leg of the 2.5hr Twilight Enduro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7qwJZMPZ2I

It got wet...
    It got dark...
    It was a blast...

Looking forward to next year's race. Kudos to all that participated. Everyone gave each other space. No one tried to win the race at turn 1. And no major catastrophies!!

Thanks again to Dave Hofmann and all the dedicated volunteer workers who helped make the race a success.

Regards,

Team Jagermeister
    Team Jagermeister
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10 - ITB NESCCA Enduro Champions

Ok, whats that slightly blingy guage with the blue lit center and the sometimes red, sometimes white needle?? I thought it might be an auto ranging tach, but I'm not sure...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

That's the thermometer that tells Bob when his beer is cool enough....

Kinda like the carrot on a stick thing.........Makes him drive faster!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Did you get any "night shots" or was that as dark as it got? I like the new car, looks great When is smarty building one for himself? I can see you two dooling it out in sprint races...

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

This race was an awsome experience. my first enduro, night, and rain race! lol Made the mistake of starting on slicks but after a change to rains things were going great till i went flying into a big grassy field with 5 minutes till the checker <_< Def looking forward to next year!

Dave,
    I must say .....I love the car !!!!

I saw it before the decals were put on , and it looked great then ! You guys going out to the Glen this year? ..If so...not to let the cat out of the bag..but I hope to have the new car out there by then....and its going to be a "B" car.

....more to come later this summer....

John VanDenburgh
    IT ????

Ok, whats that slightly blingy guage with the blue lit center and the sometimes red, sometimes white needle?? I thought it might be an auto ranging tach, but I&#39;m not sure...
    [/b]
    That guage tells us if we are running rich or lean. Anything left of 11:00-12:00 is too lean, and anything past 2:00-3:00 is too rich. 1:00-2:00 is ideal.

Did you get any "night shots" or was that as dark as it got? I like the new car, looks great When is smarty building one for himself? I can see you two dooling it out in sprint races...
    [/b]
    Ray, no night video. My tape only holds 1hr&#39;s worth, and I didn&#39;t want to spend the time during our mandatory pit to change to a new one. Because of the rain, it was pitch black by 8pm. I now wish I did change out the tape. This tape conked out at @7:30pm.

Dave,
    I must say .....I love the car !!!!

I saw it before the decals were put on , and it looked great then ! You guys going out to the Glen this year? ..If so...not to let the cat out of the bag..but I hope to have the new car out there by then....and its going to be a "B" car.

[/b]
    Thanks John. Playing this season by ear. We will be in the NHIS Enduro in August. Are you talking the July Glen, or the Sept Glen? Definitely the Sept Glen race.
    Another B? Happy to have another "playa" in the bunch.
    Team Jagermeister

Well I am hoping to be out there for the July race, but I think the September race will be more realistic. We got a lot of work to do, but it should be as nice , if not better than the old car. Now that we are building a car we want to do it right , and make it look cool too.

John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB VW #05 ......................

And no major catastrophies!!
    [/b]
    I beg to differ....
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

Well I am hoping to be out there for the July race, but I think the September race will be more realistic. We got a lot of work to do, but it should be as nice , if not better than the old car. Now that we are building a car we want to do it right , and make it look cool too.
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB VW #05 ......................
    [/b]

Hey John,

Let me know if you want help with the graphics. I did all of my Jagermeister graphics on my Mac , and Lee&#39;s Trophies in Schenectady printed the vinyl for me.

- Dave
    Team Jagermeister

Dave ,
    Yeah I will definatly keep that in mind. We got a long ways to go yet, after having our team meeting...(ie drinking beer and looking at the giant pile of MKII stuf we have now,and try to figure out where to start ) It looks like it won&#39;t be ready to do untill the the September races. We decided to do the cage ourselves and luckily half of the infamous black goo is already gone....so at leats we got a running start at it.

"And the adventure continues...."

John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB VW #05

John,

Stay on top of it. The summer will fly by faster than you think.........

Good Luck with the build, and let me know when you&#39;d like my help.

- Dave
    Team Jagermeister

I beg to differ....
    [/b]
    Please tell us more! First race not until June! Starving for stories! Hope is wasn&#39;t too expensive!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Dave.

Great video, evidence that you and a lot of guys did something no NASCAR driver can say they did at Pocono. Drive full bore thru the bowl at Pocono in the dark while it was pouring rain

Hope to be there again next year.

Mike Cefalo
    BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
    Love "the commander"
    Mike Cefalo

Dave.

Great video, evidence that you and a lot of guys did something no NASCAR driver can say they did at Pocono. Drive full bore thru the bowl at Pocono in the dark while it was pouring rain

Hope to be there again next year.

Mike Cefalo
    [/b]

Thanks Mike.
    I&#39;ve gotta say, those new Hoosier DOT rains were amazingly grippy during the total downpour. We were only 4 seconds slower in the pouring rain than we were when we qualified in the dry !!!

And, we all did it driving the course OPPOSITE of what the NASCAR guys would do !! Another thing they&#39;ll never be able to say !!

Team Jagermeister

Dave.

I noticed you were we picking off the Miata&#39;s in your video. Don&#39;t pick on us just because wer&#39;re slow. 100 HP doesn&#39;t go very fast.

Next year I&#39;ll bring a tow rope and hook up with you, that should make for a good ride.

BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
    Love "the commander"
    Mike Cefalo

And the BMW 318 only has 105 HP!!!
    Ed Tisdale
    #22 ITR '95 325is (For Sale, $15,000 with spares)
    #22 ITS '95 325is (Converted to ITR)
    #22 ITS '87 325is (Sold)
    #5 ITB '84 318i (RIP)
    Racing BMW's since 1984

Well myself and the eventual overall winner were going at it. We caught the RX7 and he got by me. I think he was on slicks also so it was pretty harry. Went into the left sweeper before the hairpin (devil&#39;s elbow) and it just got away from me. Slid into a ditch at about 60 mph. The front wheels cleared the ditch but the LR caught and launched the car. Corner worker said 6&#39;-8&#39; of altitude! Came down on the RR and blew it off the rim. Car rolled onto the right side but the embankment kept it from going over all the way. I saw the horizon at about 90*! Our other car went on to finish 2nd overall which helped ease the pain. Car was on track again Monday morning for a track day rental at the Glen. :026:
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/