Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WGI Upgrade

If you're in an early race group......90 miles away....

http://www.oswegospeedway.com/Home/t...6/Default.aspx

1800 lbs, injected big blocks on alcohol...life is good
    jerry monaghan

Sept 15-16 Is a double Maybe a test Day before. Vineyard Tours etc if you want to spend some extra time Soaring Museum, corning glass if it might Help to justify the tow as a little vacation time. Since I have spent way toooooooooooooo many hours on the Hill since 1957 would be glad to try to answer any questions. Tom Weaver
    [/b]
    There will be a test day before the Sept Fun One so would give you 3 days as Fun One is a double. You can register for the event Friday am and that will be done. The Supss should be up this week on The NESCCA site. TW those that ran in July how was the new paving?
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

After driving WGI about 5or 10k miles, It is hard to adjust to a new line or entry speed.
    I spent a couple of days there last week
    The new , low curbing in T1 has added about 7-9mph to the exit. The apex, over the low curb is moved back about 6-8 ft . This lets the turn in be moved the same amount. the trackout is way open and the curb can be used hard there also. A lot faster, up the hill.
    The hard part is forcing an old dog to turn in in a new spot.
    The curbing at T5 might also add some exit speed for the faster cars. the ITB cars are flat after the Bustop and may not see any faster section times. Most dont hit an apex there , as the track has less bank , all the way down at the curb. There is no grip in the outer half of the pavement, so outside passes may not happen, anymore. :>
    T6 has the low curb and there is a lot more room there, it takes BIg Balls to execute the turn in tho , but the exit line is open a lot more than it was. I did not get near the exit speed increase I was hoping, only about 4mph. There is a lot more, IMHO. I was driving a friends Corvette, on KUMHOS and it was very fun.
    I mostly worked on T1 as I have never wrecked another's car and that could happen pushing the T6 line up to where it needs to be. MM
    AKA Madd Mike,
    www.racingcarsrental.com